What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Audio/ Video Problem On iPad 2

Buggles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there

I have had my iPad 2 for almost a year now. A while back I had a problem with iTunes detecting my iPad and after searching online discovered iFunbox. I followed the instructions which included deleting two files in the iPad Control section when connected to iFunbox. Since then my sound and video have not been operating properly. When I transfer music to the iPad it plays back distorted and 'choppy' - almost as if it is sliding and skipping. Video's do the same thing. The files sound damaged. It is not a hardware problem or file problem though as purchased music tracks which were previously downloaded play perfectly - as well as older video files which were on the iPad. My common sense tells me it's because of the files I deleted. Yesterday I set the iPad back to factory settings after deleting all data and settings - spent the whole day re-installing my apps from the Cloud and while everything is back to normal - I still have the same issue with the sound and video not working correctly. What do I do? Is there a way to re-install iTunes on it's own over the previous version - or just the missing files?

This was the instruction I followed to delete the files. Search for ...
Fix the "Itunes cannot read the contents of ipod. Go to the..." problem the easiest way! ... on YouTube

Is there anyway I can fix this without having to go through a whole reset process again?

Thanks
Gary

Most reactions

Latest posts