What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with my Ipad. Advice!

zallen9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm new to the board so if this is not the appropriate place for this I apologize.

I've had my iPad for about 3 months now and last week when I turned it on there was a giant gray block running across my screen (pictures below). I was wondering if anyone has had this problem or has seen any news about it. Also, I was wondering where would the best place to have it looked at or repaired. It was bought at Bestbuy as a gift from my parents. They did not get the $100 GeekSquad repair service. And being a college student, I don't have the money for a costly repair. I've seen a few websites that repair iPads but I'm not sure if they're legit.

So I just wanted to see what you all think would be the best move (taking it to apple, bestbuy, or an online service) and if anyone may know what the problem may be. Thanks everyone!

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zallen9 said:
Hey guys,
I'm new to the board so if this is not the appropriate place for this I apologize.

I've had my iPad for about 3 months now and last week when I turned it on there was a giant gray block running across my screen (pictures below). I was wondering if anyone has had this problem or has seen any news about it. Also, I was wondering where would the best place to have it looked at or repaired. It was bought at Bestbuy as a gift from my parents. They did not get the $100 GeekSquad repair service. And being a college student, I don't have the money for a costly repair. I've seen a few websites that repair iPads but I'm not sure if they're legit.

So I just wanted to see what you all think would be the best move (taking it to apple, bestbuy, or an online service) and if anyone may know what the problem may be. Thanks everyone!

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&...isp=inline&realattid=1365169610748329984-1&zw

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&...isp=inline&realattid=1365169610748329984-2&zw

Have u tried a soft reset to see if it goes away? With iPad on, hold home and sleep buttons down at the same time for 5-10 secs. IPad should reboot to apple logo screen. If that doesn't work try the hard reset, with iPad off, hold home and sleep button down at the same time for 30 secs. It will seem like a long time. IPad should reboot once or twice to apple logo screen. Then hopefully u should be good. It could also be ur data got corrupted somehow. U could always try a restore, from iTunes, to your most recent backup. It'll put a clean version iOS that wrked the last time u backed up.
If none of that works, I'd take it into the apple store, as it should still be under warranty.

Sent From IPF app, if u need to know about the wonders of Jailbrake, inbox me!

OP
Z

zallen9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea I've tried resetting it. I'm currently trying a software update but I doubt that will work. I'm going to try restoring it a bit later.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you have an Apple Store near by, call, make an appointment and take it in. This sounds like a hardware problem, and they should replace it on the spot, if they have any stock to replace it with.

With no store near buy call Apple Tech Support. They should arrange shipping.

Your new iPad has a hardware guarantee through Apple that is good for the first year, regardless of where you bought it.

Warranty Support

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
warrantysupportforums.com
If your ipad was purchased with a credit card you may be covered. Most major credit cards have a built in free benefit called something like purchase Assurance. The free benefit will repair or replace covered purchases that are stolen or damage for 90 days from the date of purchase.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
the ipad is under warranty for 1 year. apple will replace it so take it into an apple store.

This is a defect/malfunction

runkel123123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey zallen..
try to call an apple store.. if it doesnt work u can go for an ipad repair... u can mail it to them.. it can be fixed at very cheap rate

Most reactions

Latest posts