What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two new iPad apps coming...

brdgolf1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out these two new iPad apps that are coming soon for iPad:

In4mation: 4 independent simultaneously running web browsers on one screen. Run Twitter and Facebook in one screen on iPad while searching on Bing or Google all as the same time. Check MLB scores and your fantasy live updates all at the same time. Check NHL, NCAAB, MLB and NFL scores live all at the same time. Keep separate favorites lists for each browser. Drag and drop from the top favorites bar directly into the browser you want. Maximize any browser to full screen and back again. Full rotation support.

A+ Loan: Simple easy to use Loan calculator with 3D graphic slider controls making it the most easy to use Loan calculator on a mobile platform today.

Here is the link:

Mobile Simplified Simplifying your Digital Life
:ipad-keyboard:

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
that 4-up browser looks really cool! Kinda reminds me of bitty browser I use on my google homepage.

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess I don't see the point of In4mation. The iPad's screen is one of the main reasons this device is so much better than an iPod touch. When surfing you can see the whole page and read info without zooming in. You have made an app that basically cuts that nice big screen into 4 iPod Touch sized windows. What's the point of being able to see 4 sites at once if you can't read the content? Besides, Safari already has a multiple page preview built in.

safari_surf_20100225.jpg

I guess it's just not for me. Good luck ;).

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess I don't see the point of In4mation. The iPad's screen is one of the main reasons this device is so much better than an iPod touch. When surfing you can see the whole page and read info without zooming in. You have made an app that basically cuts that nice big screen into 4 iPod Touch sized windows. What's the point of being able to see 4 sites at once if you can't read the content? Besides, Safari already has a multiple page preview built in.

safari_surf_20100225.jpg

I guess it's just not for me. Good luck ;).

Actually all that is is a mini screen grab of the page...not a functioning browser...this is 4 functioning browsers that can scale to 1 if you want. You can't actively browse on the page switcher.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I could see myself using the in4mation app. Sort of a multitasker for the browser. That I can have all my news and financial sites open while keeping tabs on ipadforums. :D

This has gotten addicting.

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually all that is is a mini screen grab of the page...not a functioning browser...this is 4 functioning browsers that can scale to 1 if you want. You can't actively browse on the page switcher.
I understand that. I just can't figure out why you would want to.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I understand that. I just can't figure out why you would want to.

Well, I have my google homepage set up with bitty browser to have about 12 sites open at the same time when I go to it. It is faster, I can skim thru the info and click a link to a new tab if I choose to.

This way you can go to your favorite 4 sites and see whats up and expand to full view if you choose to.

You may not see a point, but a lot of people will.

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I have my google homepage set up with bitty browser to have about 12 sites open at the same time when I go to it. It is faster, I can skim thru the info and click a link to a new tab if I choose to.

This way you can go to your favorite 4 sites and see whats up and expand to full view if you choose to.

Since that feature is built into the desktop version of Safari, I assume it will be part of the iPad version too. I could be wrong though.

Either way, this app isn't for me. I'm glad it will be useful to you.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Since that feature is built into the desktop version of Safari, I assume it will be part of the iPad version too. I could be wrong though.

Either way, this app isn't for me. I'm glad it will be useful to you.

how is it built in???? The picture you showed is the thumbnail view of what sites you have open!! It's basically tabs for mobile safari! Do you click the window button on the iPhone and read from there? No...this has NOTHING to do with that!

That:
Screen shot 2010-03-28 at 12.14.13 PM.jpg

and that:
Screen1.png

are nothing alike and have nothing to do with each other.

With the app you can scroll thru 4 pages at once and read the info and zoom in if you choose to...

the thumbnail view is just a low res image of the current state of the page...useless for anything except picking which page you want to switch to.

Last edited:

wot_fan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dude, take a chill pill.

I was talking about the top sites feature in the desktop version of Safari that I believe will be included on the iPad version. It is different than the tab view I posted a picture of. It allows you to see a thumbnail version of the sites you visit the most or you can choose which sites it will show you (or it can show you a combo of both). If you see something in a thumbnail that interests you, you click on it and it opens in full screen mode.

Peace.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dude, take a chill pill.

I was talking about the top sites feature in the desktop version of Safari that I believe will be included on the iPad version. It is different than the tab view I posted a picture of. It allows you to see a thumbnail version of the sites you visit the most or you can choose which sites it will show you (or it can show you a combo of both). If you see something in a thumbnail that interests you, you click on it and it opens in full screen mode.

Peace.

No, that is not on the iPad, and no that has nothing to do with this either...that too is a thumbnail view. Same as the site switcher in the iPad Safari.

OP
B

brdgolf1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Part of the reason I built this app was actually for selfish reasons. I am constantly browsing sports sites for scores of games. So during the NFL season, I can have three of the browsers giving me live scoring and play updates on three games, then in the fourth browser I can get live updates from my fantasy football site. All this with out having to change back and forth between pages. Having multiple simultaneous browsers is great for viewing multiple sites that dynamically update their data. I realize that iPad Safari is going to be good enough for alot of people, but there might be a few that can see the value in this approach. If you have any suggestions for features or updates, I would love to hear them.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Part of the reason I built this app was actually for selfish reasons. I am constantly browsing sports sites for scores of games. So during the NFL season, I can have three of the browsers giving me live scoring and play updates on three games, then in the fourth browser I can get live updates from my fantasy football site. All this with out having to change back and forth between pages. Having multiple simultaneous browsers is great for viewing multiple sites that dynamically update their data. I realize that iPad Safari is going to be good enough for alot of people, but there might be a few that can see the value in this approach. If you have any suggestions for features or updates, I would love to hear them.

No need to justify, I think it is a great app! I will grab it next saturday!

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Yea I'll definitely be getting it when my 3G gets in my desperate hands. One suggestion is to be able to set some kind of auto refresh for sites that don't do it automatically.

iDaryl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ha!!

Dude, take a chill pill.

Peace.

LOL!!! I was waiting to see who would give up first!! :D

This is one of those "agree-to-disagree" and "to-each-his-own" situations...

:)

Most reactions

Latest posts