What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two months now -- how much data usage?

Pingles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just switched from Unlimited to 250MB/month.

Had 400MB total in two months and have been running it pretty hard.

We'll see how it adds up in the long run.

SETTINGS>GENERAL>USAGE to find out how much you've used on 3G.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since April 30th to date: 719 MB sent/6.9 GB received. I don't have a home wifi net and I have to remember to turn off WiFi or I'll connect to my neighbor's unsecured network.

Biggysmallz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Interesting story here.

Since I have bought the Ipad this has been my usage:

Took a 250 mb plan with Bell (I am in Canada) That lasted 10 days. Really pushed it because I wanted to see the rate of data usage.

Having had that experience I realized that I needed the 5 gb plan. Bought it. It lasted just under 4 hours. Yes, I said 4 hours. I t even thing that is possible.

Of course I switched to Rogers. It has been 7 days so far and my usage is 93 mb.
As a bonus I have been watching the WC matches for free on Rogers.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm at 1.7GB - I streamed a couple of episodes of "Avatar: The Last Airbender" while in a waiting room last week.

petermillard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just over a month of use, I have 9Mb sent and 48Mb received. Needless to say, I'm mostly within reach of WiFi ;)

Pete

lem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First month I was about 2gb, all 3G with Bell. Worked well. Called Bell a couple days ago to add another 5gb for $35. That was painful, taking about 20 minutes. CAR said system was slow, but I got the feeling he was a new rep. I'll see how next months topup goes. If as slow, I'm switching to Rogers.

Most reactions

Latest posts