What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Conflicting Verizon data usage statistics

normsipad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an Ipad2 with wifi + Verizon 3G and am paying for 1 GB/month.

When I go into settings/cellular data and view my account data by logging in, right now I get status: 449 MB used,575 MB left for 20 days). When I go into settings/general/usage, under cellular network data it currently says 126MB sent and 760 MB received, totalling 886 MB. I reset these latter usage totals to zero at the beginning of the billing cycle so they should not represent cumulative totals. I had similar but smaller discrepancies the previous month (my first with the ipad).

Can someone explain why those two totals are so different? When I called VErizon Wireless they told me the larger usage total included wifi and that the number I got from logging into the acct was accurate. I've been using my Ipad2 exclusively while travelling and have had almost no wifi access so I find this explanation dubious and am worried that Verizon is just slow in updating its acct info and I will get dinged big time at the end of the month.

Any explanations would be welcomed.

Most reactions