What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TUTORIAL - Jailbreak the iPad2 and iPad3 on 5.1.1 With Absinthe 2.0

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Shihid said:
Hi please help me guys , in my iPad 1 , on 5.1.1 . I restored I pad and jbed with obstinth , 2.0.4 ...cydia got disappeared , along with setting, and App Store .i restored again , i pad was working fine until , I jbed again and I clicked on cydia , and during opening of cydia it got disappeared again , thanks in advance , what to do ?

Any answer ?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Shihid said:
Any answer ?

Have you recently downloaded any new jailbroken apps or tweaks? If you did, one or more of them may be incompatible with the iPad. You could try deleting any recently added tweaks or apps until you are able to get your iPad working again. Once you've determined which tweak or app caused the problem, delete it.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd suggest that if you are having problems with Absinthe, restore to a clean 5.1.1 and try redsn0w instead. IMHO redsn0w has been much more stable and reliable for jailbreaking the iPad2 and iPad3 on 5.1.1.

It is a simple "one click" process. Just connect the device, start redsn0w, and press "jailbreak" ;)

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
f4780y said:
I'd suggest that if you are having problems with Absinthe, restore to a clean 5.1.1 and try redsn0w instead. IMHO redsn0w has been much more stable and reliable for jailbreaking the iPad2 and iPad3 on 5.1.1.

It is a simple "one click" process. Just connect the device, start redsn0w, and press "jailbreak" ;)

I have iPad one and which version of red snow I should use to jb ?

Da2romes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an ipad2 with a 5.3.1 operating system...apparently i was not told of any upgrades and would like to updrade to ios 6...i have been searching the wab, but had no luck...can anyone help ?...thanks

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have an ipad2 with a 5.3.1 operating system...apparently i was not told of any upgrades and would like to updrade to ios 6...i have been searching the wab, but had no luck...can anyone help ?...thanks

The easiest method is to connect your iPad to iTunes and select the "Upgrade" button (you may have to have iTunes check for an upgrade if you've turned off the auto-check function). Once you click on "Upgrade," iTunes will do it magic and, with a few inputs from you, it will update you to the most current iOS (6.1 right now).

Oh, and I highly recommend doing a backup before you upgrade. It will make it easier to put your iPad back the way it was.

Marilyn

kidneyshot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've an ipad 2.2 I checked with linpack. I wanted to know wheterh the jailbreak absinthe 2.0.4 will work on Ipad 2 wifi+3g 64GB.
My software is on 5.1.1. now. THank you in advance.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
kidneyshot said:
I've an ipad 2.2 I checked with linpack. I wanted to know wheterh the jailbreak absinthe 2.0.4 will work on Ipad 2 wifi+3g 64GB.
My software is on 5.1.1. now. THank you in advance.

Why not upgrade to iOS 6.1.1 and jailbreak using Evasi0n?

kidneyshot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why not upgrade to iOS 6.1.1 and jailbreak using Evasi0n?

I can't update to OS6.1.1 for now, because at my school the mail, the calendar etc. doesn't sync. So for now I'm still using 5.1.1.
thank you! But is it possible with the absinthe 2.0.4?

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is no reason that I know of why the Absinthe jail break tool won't work on your iPad2. Just be sure to make a backup, first (just in case).

Good luck.

Marilyn

kidneyshot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no reason that I know of why the Absinthe jail break tool won't work on your iPad2. Just be sure to make a backup, first (just in case).

Good luck.

Marilyn

thank you. I wanted to be certain, since there are so many kinds of iPads. I looked it up and saw there were software of CDMA, GMS and WiFi versions.
I wasn't sure what type my iPad was. I'll try the jailbreak now.
thank you. will keep you up to date.

kidneyshot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It worked. A successful jailbreak. Found out that my iPad is called ipad2 -GSM. Thank you for giving me confidence in doing it. Great tutorial! thanks once more!

Most reactions

Latest posts