What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trustworthy websites to get a refurbished ipad??

ging3rTAY

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My brother is looking to buy an iPad 1 but only has up to £280 ish to spend, so we've been looking at refurbished ones. We found one that looks good on apple.refurbished.me.uk but my mum reckons it's not trustworthy and we need to find out more about the website. Has anyone bought from these or know any other websites?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Apple online store have refurbished iPads, you could probably get a 16GB wifi for around that price. I just looked and they had none listed at the moment but if you keep an eye on the store it is highly likely that one will come up.

chinajon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are many sites selling refurb iPads. Unfortunately there are some fake or scam sites as well. Best stick with Apple and get the best guarantee. If you want to try others, try Small Dog Electronics.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My brother is looking to buy an iPad 1 but only has up to £280 ish to spend, so we've been looking at refurbished ones. We found one that looks good on apple.refurbished.me.uk but my mum reckons it's not trustworthy and we need to find out more about the website. Has anyone bought from these or know any other websites?
I can highly recommend buying Apple Certified Refurbished products directly from Apple as well. They carry the same 1 year warranty as new (and are also eligible for Apple Care which extends the warranty to 3 years). Outside of the box they come in I could never tell the difference between a refurbished Apple product and a brand new one.

There are both first generation iPads as well as iPad 2's available in your price range on the U.S. Apple site right now...

Clearance iPad Accessories - Apple Store (U.S.)

Last edited:

blucente

iPF Novice
Reaction score
richsadams said:
I can highly recommend buying Apple Certified Refurbished products directly from Apple as well. They carry the same 1 year warranty as new (and are also eligible for Apple Care which extends the warranty to 3 years). Outside of the box they come in I could never tell the difference between a refurbished Apple product and a brand new one.

There are both first generation iPads as wells as iPad 2's available in your price range on the U.S. Apple site right now...

Clearance iPad Accessories - Apple Store (U.S.)

Total agree, I purchased a refurb iPad 1 from the apple store and haven't looked back, great quality and warranty.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's perhaps also worth noting that refurbished iPads from Apple have a new battery fitted....

Tim

Most reactions