What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2017 vs iPad 4

OP
M

mike2874

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@Dave

Hey I still don't understand the pricing at Glyde when I see other iPad 4's similar to mine... storage, condition, WiFi, etc. listed anywhere from $179 to $190.

When I put in my info which includes mint condition the most I could sell it for by sliding the price control to the max is $135... the recommended price for quickest sell is $121. How are guys even listing it as high as $179?

Does the "In your pocket" amount include the $6 shipping charge (or whatever amount it is) it costs to ship to a buyer?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
@Dave

Hey I still don't understand the pricing at Glyde when I see other iPad 4's similar to mine... storage, condition, WiFi, etc. listed anywhere from $179 to $190.

When I put in my info which includes mint condition the most I could sell it for by sliding the price control to the max is $135... the recommended price for quickest sell is $121. How are guys even listing it as high as $179?

Does the "In your pocket" amount include the $6 shipping charge (or whatever amount it is) it costs to ship to a buyer?

Hi Mike - sorry for the delay, but just went on vacation today (a week in Ontario, Canada) - I've only taken my iPad w/ a KB, so I usually do not respond to my forums; much prefer my laptops.

The FAQs on Glyde address many of your questions - you are charged for the shipping carton (price varies depending on the item); there is also an explanation of the pricing differences, in part dependent of when an item was listed. If you look at the bottom of their webpage, there are contact and live chat selections - I have no connection w/ this company and have sold only two iPads there, so you'll need to contact them for more specific details.

As already suggested, Craigslist is certainly an option and you likely would make more money, but you are the seller - a potential buyer will presumably be local and will want to see the item; he or she might want to arrange a meeting for such an evaluation; some type of 'warranty' might be requested - just a few thoughts that came to my mind when deciding to go w/ Glyde as the 'middle man' - yes, I made less money but did not have to deal w/ potential 'headaches' - really, your choice alone. Good luck - Dave :)

Most reactions