What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Traveling with the iPad

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been on the road the last few days, and of course the iPad has come along for the trip. Let me tell you, it's the perfect mobile device and serves all the basic business needs that I have so far.

It's small enough to take in restaurants and quickly connect to their wifi network.

It's big enough to easily browse websites, check email, respond to emails with good detail.

Now it won't completely replace my need for a notebook, there are several things I still need the macbook for, but I have found I've spent more time on the iPad doing my work then my notebook.

I've also really enjoyed showing it off! I think I've probably made 4-5 sales for Apple :)

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it a great little unit .. like you said it beats have to lug a laptop around for basic use of reading and writeing email and web surfing needs listening to music and playing games.. i will not be luging a laptop anymore with me on trips....i went through the airport wed morning and it was basicly a breeze going through the checkpoint now .. i forgot to turn the unit completely off and i thought i had after listening to music and when the lady tsa agent picked it up the music start to play again ..for it was really nasty song by R.Kelly a little bump and grid never hurt anyone ..i was a little red faced on that one....

i took only the ipad along with it power cord and screen cleaner cloth and earphones and few odds and ends in the bag for it and it made going through a airport very easly to travel with carryon bag and sling bag for the ipad ..moveing through the foot traffic of the airport with the two bags was like a dream come true ..

Sincere11105

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it a great little unit .. like you said it beats have to lug a laptop around for basic use of reading and writeing email and web surfing needs listening to music and playing games.. i will not be luging a laptop anymore with me on trips....i went through the airport wed morning and it was basicly a breeze going through the checkpoint now .. i forgot to turn the unit completely off and i thought i had after listening to music and when the lady tsa agent picked it up the music start to play again ..for it was really nasty song by R.Kelly a little bump and grid never hurt anyone ..i was a little red faced on that one....

i took only the ipad along with it power cord and screen cleaner cloth and earphones and few odds and ends in the bag for it and it made going through a airport very easly to travel with carryon bag and sling bag for the ipad ..moveing through the foot traffic of the airport with the two bags was like a dream come true ..
That mustv been a fun experience with R.Kelly

rob the elder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too have been impressed by the IPAD and how well it does what it does. But I can not travel without my i7, dual SSD, hidef laptop. I have to get my gaming fix and the IPAD will never replace a laptop for WOW and Planetside. :)

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i think it was more to see what the unit looked like than the any extras seaching for the only thing they seached that day in the layover city was the ipad bag when i started to put the carryon on the table she stoped me and just the sling bag to be searched ...she took it out and was looking it over and holding it diff ways and when she ran her fringer over the screen it came back to life starting to play the song where it stoped at ..she looks at me like you are a freak and was smileing at me when she was looking at me and laughing under her breath about the song .. ..plus yes it was a little fun experience with the tsa lady .for when i was walking away she told have a nice bump as i was walking a way i stoped and tiurned back to her she said trip .. i look at her and give her the look like i heard what you said..plus i had a female coworker there also and she was saying hank you are a freak out loud to me and other to hear her say that along with her laughing at me for beening very red faced at the time.

you have to understand this statement like max and a few other here a iam big scary looking guy at 6.ft 3.inchs tall and around 275 pds with a clean shaved head and face with the look on my face when going through place i do not like to be in like airports..i have a look like i just ripe your head off after that i am going to throw you infront of the train so i will not have to deal with type of a look a few of my friends tell me .. i can not stand crowds it just sits me on edge at times when iam in a large crowd of people..

auspad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my freind had a sorta simila cast at the airport the man there picked my freinds iphone and flicked awake from sleep and the videos from his explicit file started playing:eek:

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
a lady friend i know add the music file that she made of songs up that where called the bedroom song set ..along with pictures of her in diff pose with diff styles of clothing i like her to wear for the bedroom with a note under each picture to be faithfull to her and you get this when i get home..she loaded onto the ipad monday night when she came over and spent the night .. ..i turned off the photo slideshow but keep the music on .. i had thought i turned it off ..

she is a really nice put togerther women of beening the age of 49 years old she got it .with long black hair and long legs .and she thought it would be a joke if she took photos of her in the model business that she does and put them togerther in a slide show and set it to music for so many photos to a song-x-4-songs in the file....i like the music she put together for the slide show ..so i just wanted to listen to the music and not let anyone see the photos

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've been on the road the last few days, and of course the iPad has come along for the trip. Let me tell you, it's the perfect mobile device and serves all the basic business needs that I have so far.

It's small enough to take in restaurants and quickly connect to their wifi network.

It's big enough to easily browse websites, check email, respond to emails with good detail.

Now it won't completely replace my need for a notebook, there are several things I still need the macbook for, but I have found I've spent more time on the iPad doing my work then my notebook.

I've also really enjoyed showing it off! I think I've probably made 4-5 sales for Apple :)

lol. I might get that just from your description. Make that 5-6 people.:)
When i get i won't be on the road of cource, but i will be outside using it while having breakfast. Hearing people saying, "Look what that kid got, is that an ipad?" " I dont know henry but that looks mighty expensive to me",

iserian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For my business travel needs the iPad will never go solo. Just like my ereaders before it I will always need my laptop along for the ride to get work done. The pad is an extra in my travel take-a-longs.

brhon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did a keynote presentation today for a client. His first question was should my wife get one of these things? In essence I gave two presentations today one for Apple and one for my business. I think I sold both!!!!!!

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the really nice thing about useing a ipad on this trip and not bringing a laptop is that i really do the basic simple task that i need to do with it . useing it for basic tasking of listening to music and sending and reading emails along with keeping track of my personal book and library collection along with a few list here and there ..plus to play a few games of cards or slots or game of chess to relax and think about things when iam up and can not think and need to get the problem worked in my head before i return to work the next day..

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did a keynote presentation today for a client. His first question was should my wife get one of these things? In essence I gave two presentations today one for Apple and one for my business. I think I sold both!!!!!!

That's awesome.

jhowton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got back from a three day business trip with my iPad. I left my other computers at home. I must say I'm very impressed with how well it met all of my needs. I was making sales calls and used it in the car for email, navigation and accessing my call list Excel spreadsheet (wirelessly tethered on 3G using my Nexus One). I used it in my hotel room for gaming, email, iTunes, various news sources, browsing and typing my call reports. I used it on airplanes for reading while listening to music, and for watching movies. So far it performed all functions with aplomb including typing his post.

I only have one nitpick. I rented a movie via iTunes and then tried to watch it on the plane with no wifi connection and it wouldn't play.

That's it, I love it. And it think I sold three of them today myself.

Most reactions

Latest posts