What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transferring from IPad 2 to IPad Air

Skydogg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I had to replace my IPad as it was ancient & not working as it should. All the programmes transferred via the cloud brilliantly. How do I delete stuff from the old one, & still leave it on the new one?
When I downloaded new programmes to the new IPad, the IPad Air, they also downloaded to the old IPad 2.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Skydogg

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you want to erase it completely, turn off Find my iPad in Settings - iCloud. You'll have to enter the iCloud ID's password, when you turn this off.

As soon as Find my iPad is disabled, go Settings - General - Reset, and select "Erase all Content and Settings". This will set back your device to factory settings.

If you wish to continue using the iPad 2, but don't want it to upload new apps, music, ... automatically, go to Settings - iTunes & App Store and disable everything in Automatic Downloads.

Hope that helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts