What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transferring everything from iPad 1 to iPad 3

Sviatapolk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just purchased an iPad 3 and I'm not sure what's the best approach to getting all my apps and data from my iPad 1 onto it.

When I power up it gives me 3 choice of (1) starting anew (2) restore iCloud backup (3) Restore from iTunes backup.

My ipad 1 and iphone regularly backup to iCloud and in theory to iTunes as well but i haven't done so in a while. Which option should I choose. Can I choose one of the "restore" options even though this is a new device?

Edit: I should add that data is not a big deal here - it's more about the apps and setting up email, contacts, facebook, etc

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
What I would do, is backup your old ipad to itunes (right click on it under devices in itunes and choose the backup option), then restore this backup to your new ipad. It will be quicker than a restore from icloud.

Most reactions

Latest posts