What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Restoring not completing on new iPad

m_s iPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got my iPad 3 yesterday and most everything went smoothly. I used the option of restoring from my iCloud backup from my iPad 2.

I have a bunch of pictures and videos but only a few of them had made it onto the new iPad before I went to sleep. I figured with the iPad locked, plugged in, and on wifi overnight the rest would restore. When I woke up nothing had happened except the battery was charged.

When I go to settings-iCloud, there is a button to Stop Restoring iPad.

I want the restoration to complete, not stop.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

billb1950

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got my iPad 3 yesterday and most everything went smoothly. I used the option of restoring from my iCloud backup from my iPad 2.

I have a bunch of pictures and videos but only a few of them had made it onto the new iPad before I went to sleep. I figured with the iPad locked, plugged in, and on wifi overnight the rest would restore. When I woke up nothing had happened except the battery was charged.

When I go to settings-iCloud, there is a button to Stop Restoring iPad.

I want the restoration to complete, not stop.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

I did a restore from backup from my iPad One yesterday. I am dumb enough to have 19,000 photos in iPhoto on my iPad One. Anyway, I had the same problem. It would copy about 2000 photos to the new iPad Three, then it would say it was finished. So I just hit "sync" again, and it picked up where it left off. I had to do this quite a few times, but finally everything was there. One note: I did the sync with a cable hooked to my iMac, not wirelessly. Not sure if there is a difference. Hope this helps. Bill

DavidM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I turned off iCloud on my 2 and then using iTunes I did a complete backup. Then plugged in my new 3 and followed instructions and restored from iTunes. Mine went great.

OP
M

m_s iPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is about using iCloud for a restoration, not iTunes.

Most reactions

Latest posts