What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transferring books

Hutch41

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's probably me being dumb but I can't figure out how to transfer the books I downloaded to my iPad onto iTunes.

I'm nervous of pressing the synch button as I feel it may delete the books.

Does using Synch always copy what's in iTunes to the iPad ....or does it work the other way too?

Hope this makes sense...

David H

Last edited:

iPAD@UVA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have never had a problem. Items purchased on the iPad get moved into iTunes when synced and then show up in both places. I do not know of any settings that could change this behavior but, if it is possible, I am sure someone will point it out.

OP
H

Hutch41

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Transfering books

Something wrong here....

When I tick "Synch Books" I get a warning saying "are you sure you want to synch books...all existing songs films etc will be deleted from you iPad"

So I'm still afraid to do it.

Any ideas ??

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like you aren't using the correct iTunes account. Did you buy your iPad used? Was it sync'd to someone else's account previously? Do you have illegal/cracked apps installed on your iPad? Do you have it checked to sync the other things like movies and songs? If you have it checked to sync those manually but have everything unchecked it will delete them.

You can't sync to a random computer with iTunes installed.

OP
H

Hutch41

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Synch Books

OK....you solved it.

I didn't realise you had to tick everything and synch everything.

I thought I could just synch single items if I wanted.

Thank you

Most reactions