What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer App from iTunes to iPad

BraedenP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Sorry skipping an introduction post -- I'll do that later.

I'm having a little issue here regarding app transfer between iTunes and my iPad. When I first purchased the iPad, I didn't want to sync apps, thinking that it'd be easier to switch between iTunes libraries and whatnot (if I needed to later on).

Because of this, however, I can't seem to find a way to transfer an app from iTunes to my iPad. Is there a way to do this without syncing them?

Thanks for any advice,
Braeden

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have a purchased app that you bought on iTunes but don't want to connect your iPad to pc, just log into AppStore with same account on iPad and redownload, you won't have to repay, though it will seem as though you will for a few steps.

If you bought an app on ipadband want on pc you can do the same, log in and re download.

Btw tis does not work for music!

OP
B

BraedenP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No; I think you guys missed the point of the question.

I'll explain more clearly. When I tried to download "Epic Citadel" through iTunes on the iPad, it said an error occurred, and that the download would be available on my PC's iTunes.

I downloaded it on there, and now I want to transfer that download to the iPad. However, I have App syncing turned off, so I can't simply sync it without replacing all of my apps (and thus, their data).

I need a way of getting the app onto the iPad *using* iTunes, but without having to sync it (sort of like how you can simply drag music and movies onto it when you have syncing disabled).

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope, won't work...well you could sorta do it..... You could set the sync to manual then just do apps. Or try again to download straight to iPad. You won't be recharged.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just do a mini sync at the apps page for your iPad in iTunes and hit the apply button. "Epic Citadel" is a pretty impressive demo. Look forward to seeing what they can do with it.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No; I think you guys missed the point of the question.

I'll explain more clearly. When I tried to download "Epic Citadel" through iTunes on the iPad, it said an error occurred, and that the download would be available on my PC's iTunes.

I downloaded it on there, and now I want to transfer that download to the iPad. However, I have App syncing turned off, so I can't simply sync it without replacing all of my apps (and thus, their data).

I need a way of getting the app onto the iPad *using* iTunes, but without having to sync it (sort of like how you can simply drag music and movies onto it when you have syncing disabled).
How did you find out that the data within the apps could be erased?

Most reactions

Latest posts