What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transferring apps from iPad to iTunes

nissan350z

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please forgive me if this has been addressed in another post...I did several searches, but didn't find a suitable answer.

I purchased several apps on my iPad, however I am having a difficult time syncing them into my iTunes. I've attempted the "Transfer Purchases" option, but get the "you are not authorized" error message. I've deauthorized, authorized, restarted computer, etc however it feels like I'm stuck in an endless loop. I'm not sure if being authorized on 4 computers would cause my apps not to sync. Anyone ever run into this issue?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The computer must be authorized with the exact same Apple ID as the iPad. So double check this.

I actually have two Apple ID accounts, setup by accident when joining various Apple services before MobileMe. I was surprised to discover this when some music would play on a second computer and other music would tell me I was not authorized. It took a call to Apple Support to find out. Unfortunately the do not have a way of merging accounts, so I just double authorize some computers.

Other than that, I have no idea. Calling Apple Support would be my next move.

isLand D

iPF Noob
Reaction score
similar issue - won't transfer my iPad apps but will do my iPhone ones!?

Ok... basically my iPhone syncs just fine, but when I plug my iPad in it connects fine but when I tell it to transfer purchases I see it "tell me" it's copying them, although it does it a million MPH and when I look it has transferred none of them.

I have the latest iTunes. This is really annoying now I want to update the iOS :(

Most reactions

Latest posts