What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Top 10 iPad Games

Kargurin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Space station HD. Tower defense in space. Yes I like TD games. And here's another for the iPhone that works surprisingly well in 2X mode....Medieval.

emilyjane918

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Flight Control
Monopoly
Tiger Woods Golf
FIFA 10
Missile Command
Civilization
Command and Conquer
ATV Offroad
Lucky Coins
Missile Defense

10spro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So Fifa 10 and Tiger are both HD already or just for the iPhone?

Nemesis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nobody has said Plants vs. Zombies HD? Everyone is buzzing about that.

It was mentioned before :) I think the iPad version is superior to the PC version in so many ways. Well worth the $10 you spend on it too!

If you want to waste away hours on end in a classic sense, the UNO HD app is pretty solid. I was considering buying Let's Golf HD or Geometry Wars, but the controls for iPad are what worry me. Can someone give me a run down on how these two games work?

Also, anyone have insight on Fieldrunners? The graphics look sweet, wasn't sure about the gameplay though.

Last edited:

Thelaw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you played Minigore then you know the controls for Geometry Wars. It's pretty much the same game. With that said, casting my vote for the following:

Angry Birds
RealRacing HD
Pinball HD
Galcon Fusion
Words with Friends
Fieldrunners
Zombieville HD

Just got Charadium and Battle for Wesnoth but they both seem promising.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm playing Need For Speed, but I've heard good things about RealRacing as well. Kinda disappointed that NFS doesn't have my car (BMW Z4) in the iPad version. :(

zman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love 10 Pin Shuffle (Full Version). It is now universal so you can use it on iPhone and iPad with great graphics, realism, and gameplay. You can play shuffle & bowling including poker bowl :) Well worth the $3.99 imho.

mzl.leqknczs.320x480-75.jpg

mzl.ymmtkpmn.480x480-75.jpg

Try the Lite version (free!) to see if you like it :)

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/10-pin-shuffle-hd-bowling-lite/id364704442?mt=8

mzl.hfrgsbdk.480x480-75.jpg

Last edited:

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good ones:

Scrabble
10 Pin Shuffle
Befuddled
Flight Control HD
Cogs HD
Tower Madness
Plants vs. Zombies
Asphalt 5
Bebbled
Crosswords

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
@matth3w - I see you listed crosswords... I have used this for 3 years, got it for my touch. I am nuts about the iPad version! I will never work a paper crossword again... and tons of places to download puzzles directly to the app in iPad... If I could have only 2 games it would be this one and Chess.... they both go on forever.......

Crosswords = http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/crosswords/id284036524?mt=8 (be sure to click the button to get the iPad screenshot)

tChess = http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/t-chess-pro/id295445501?mt=8 (same as above for screen shot)

tChess is what I have, there are actually several good Chess programs out there, it just happens to be the one I got and it suits my needs.... I've never been any good, but I enjoy it :)

Last edited:

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bremen -

My wife and I aren't what you would call "Avid" crossworders...as in, we don't do them every day. But DAMN this app blows anything out of the water. And the initial fee seems steep until you realize you never have to haul around a USA Today and find Section D ever again!

Such a great app!

But it takes brains, and most people want mindless fun so it's not usually mentioned with great games.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've got the NYT crosswords app and I'm not a fan. Have you guys compared the two?

Most reactions

Latest posts