What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Took the plunge - hello iPad 2, hello IPF.net!

KiddToKmart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having been a long time HATER (or ignoramus, I now realize) of Apple products, I now realize I was just swimming in the dark with my Nokia, Sony Ericsson and iRiver products.

Having travelled and lived in several countries throughout my life, gadgets have always been by my side. I have no siblings and hence, they have been my crutch, my companions and my prime sources of entertainment and relieving boredom (till last year, when I got married of course! Honey, I love you... in case you're reading this, lol).

I bought a 3G iPod Touch (8G) 2 years ago - my first Apple purchase since the traditional 20GB click-wheel iPods. I fell in love... LOVE... and soon after the iPhone 4 came out, I had arranged for it to be delivered to me from Singapore - factory unlocked.

Which brings us to now! Being a proud owner of an iPad 2, i'm striving to discover the numerous amazing features it offers which I could never experience or discover using the iPhone 4. Two apps which have amazed me are Notes Plus and Flipboard! I did quite a bit of research on Notes Plus and its various other competing products, include Note Taker HD and others - and in the end, am happy with my purchase (not to mention it's on sale for 1.99 right now - that sweetened the deal a bit) after having used it for 15 mins or so. Flipboard flat-out impressed me by its visual layout when I first opened it out - it's just too good to be FREE, and is one of my daily 'on-the-pot' apps... figure it out yourself :D

I'm big into gaming and have been since I got my iPhone 4 - I post regularly on TouchArcade and have downloaded a few iPad games already... still waiting for sales to come around for a lot of apps though, they're EXPENSIVE... but oh well.

Not sure what else to say other than the fact that i'm glad I have an iPad 2 now, and I look forward to visiting these forums often. If anyone out there has suggestions for ways to track app sales, price drops and so forth for iPad Apps (better than AppShopper or the AppShopper app), do let me know.

Cheers!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome from Scotland too. Yes - that deal on Notes Plus is certainly great. I missed it and paid the normal price...:(

Tim

OP
KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tim.

You can't imagine how hard it was to choose between Notes Plus and other similar apps. After reading reviews online, watching videos on youtube and trying to sift through iStore reviews - I was at a dead-lock between this, Note Taker HD and Noteshelf. The price is what bowled me over at the end :eek: (and probably for the better - I LOVE this app so far!)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Notes Plus developer is totally committed to the app too. If you email him - guess what - he actually answers your email and you'll see from his website that he's in constant contact with his customers and takes their suggestions for new features very seriously.

Tim

OP
KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a question - what does it mean when a user posts on these forums "using iPF"? I've seen it on a lot of users' posts yet, when I do an app search for iPF, I only get 3 iPad results:

iPflanzen
Edhouse Prototype (ermm)
iPFaces Client

What is this?

OP
KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Test from ipf

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Reaction score
KiddToKmart said:
I have a question - what does it mean when a user posts on these forums "using iPF"? I've seen it on a lot of users' posts yet, when I do an app search for iPF, I only get 3 iPad results:

iPflanzen
Edhouse Prototype (ermm)
iPFaces Client

What is this?

iPF is an app to read and post on ipadforums.net, it is essentially an alternative to browsing the forum from a browser.

iPF is actually short for 'Discussions Forum for iPad Users'

Nvm. you were too fast :D

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello from UK! Yes, you are definitely developing app addiction. Wait until you have 275 apps, and yes I do use all of them!

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lol Raise you, but I don't use half of them....

Just hope theres treatment for software addiction.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hasty said:
Lol Raise you, but I don't use half of them....

Just hope theres treatment for software addiction.

Was it you who gave us a name for appoholics anonymous, an apt name for what we have got, it's extremely catching, run as fast as you can

Most reactions

Latest posts