What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TIPS AND TRICKS - for those of us who don't know!

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Brenda666 said:
No ones mentioned that you can flick the , up to get a ' .
Use it all the time.

Another trick is to get " from the . Best of all touch the 123 and slide to the key you need and you will then return to the alphabet. Faster when you need a single number or other key from the second keyboard.

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KJSmitty said:
What? You haven't seen them - they've been out for months now.....:)

Read: "purchased three months ago."

Cheers.

True but the number was not spelled out.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

mooreama

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much. My iPad 2 froze and I couldn't turn it off to save my life. I thought I held the on/off button for quite awhile but don't think I tried sleep button and the power button at the same time. I only had to hold them about 15 seconds and my iPad rebooted. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

mitcheca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds good but how do you 'drag' an icon? When I put my finger on one and try to drag it to another they all slide at the same time so I cannot lay one on another. I'm probably missing something (a few brain cells) but we all have to start somewhere.

mitcheca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
this is only a tip if you have not read the manual ...
You can create a sub folder to categorize your apps (for instance a folder called "Productivity") .. to do this drag one of the productivity apps and drop it on another productivity app ... it will create a folder and allow you to pick a name for the folder. Moreover, the folder icon will have very tiny micro representations of the icons within the folder (very cool).

Posted this before but probably in the wrong place.
Tried to create a folder as suggested, but can't drag one icon on to another. When I try to all icons move so I can't get one on top of another. How do you do this? I'm probably missing something (other than a few brain cells) but we all have to start somewhere, no one is born knowing this stuff.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mitcheca said:
Tried to create a folder as suggested, but can't drag one icon on to another. When I try to all icons move so I can't get one on top of another. How do you do this? I'm probably missing something (other than a few brain cells) but we all have to start somewhere, no one is born knowing this stuff.

Just to confirm, to do this you have to touch and hold an app until the all start to wiggle, then you can drag them.

The Archangel

mitcheca

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Got it.
Select and hold icon any until they wobble and a x appears above each one. Now drag one on top of another. Easy when you know how.

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Psycholist said:
Now I know what my wife did. How do you get out of it? I did do it but freaking out i didn't know how.

Triple tap will get you out. Also you can go into settings and turn the feature off or on

image-1715304837.jpg

Settings / general / accessible / you have to slide the screen to the bottom

"Post are better with pictures ".

LUFC1919

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I only had my ipad2 for 2 weeks when it froze ... I carried out all the above tips but without fail ... So I then had to go to iTunes And reset it to the factory settings ... I didn't lose any data ..

blessyv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys, is it possible to have Tell a Friend functionality specific to products

If i have 10 products in the app and want to refer a friend for the same, can the subject line be specific for the product and not static

Sent from my iPad using iPF

seahare

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use GPlayer (.99) to play all sorts of formats. When synching, add the media file via iTunes. Be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom of the tab window to see where to add.

Smurfette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mathletics is a program that a lot of schools are using now. It gives a insight for the teachers to see where their students needs help and for the children to compete against other children in their grade from around the world. My question is this. The program needs adobe flash player to run. Is there an app that I have missed, or a way that this program maywork. what is the latest in iPad being able to run adobe flash player.

sherrygodmother

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Psycholist said:
Now I know what my wife did. How do you get out of it? I did do it but freaking out i didn't know how.

Triple click the home button to go back to white screen.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
WitchOneSalem said:
The only way that I know of is to set the pass code on your iPad. I believe there is a way to have a longer pass code than the regular 4 number password.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

If you want a longer pass code, go to Settings/General/Passcode Lock and turn off "Simple Password". You can then set up a password as long as you want. If this is not enough for you, you can also set an option on the same page to wipe the iPad after 10 failed attempts to input the pass code.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts