What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TIPS AND TRICKS - for those of us who don't know!

Smurfette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I'm new to this thread and want to know about security for my iPad, and iPhone. On my computer at home I have Trend Micro and want to know how to make my iPad, and iPhone safe so I can do banking and other stuff. I mean can someone hack into an iPad or iPhone. I made the assumption of yes, and want to know what is the best way to make my devices security safe.

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Smurfette said:
Hi Guys, I'm new to this thread and want to know about security for my iPad, and iPhone. On my computer at home I have Trend Micro and want to know how to make my iPad, and iPhone safe so I can do banking and other stuff. I mean can someone hack into an iPad or iPhone. I made the assumption of yes, and want to know what is the best way to make my devices security safe.

The only way that I know of is to set the pass code on your iPad. I believe there is a way to have a longer pass code than the regular 4 number password.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Realistically, your iPhone or iPad can't be hacked but if you are jailbroken then there are always possible security flaws.
Your real concern would be doing banking over the mobile phone network or public Wifi. I would stick to doing this using home Wifi using encryption.

Smurfette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
donka said:
Realistically, your iPhone or iPad can't be hacked but if you are jailbroken then there are always possible security flaws.
Your real concern would be doing banking over the mobile phone network or public Wifi. I would stick to doing this using home Wifi using encryption.

Can someone else jail break my iPad to gain access or is that only something that I have the option of doing. Not that I would.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Smurfette said:
Can someone else jail break my iPad to gain access or is that only something that I have the option of doing. Not that I would.

You need to physically have the device to jailbreak it, someone can't breach it remotely so as long you keep an eye on it then you will be fine.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

TDibu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
donka said:
You need to physically have the device to jailbreak it, someone can't breach it remotely so as long you keep an eye on it then you will be fine.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Hello, I am also new to this thread and also a very new iPad owner. I was wondering if you could explain to me what "jail break" meant and if this was something good to have? Not sure if it is something that allows you to bypass paying for different chargeable apps or not.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
TDibu said:
Hello, I am also new to this thread and also a very new iPad owner. I was wondering if you could explain to me what "jail break" meant and if this was something good to have? Not sure if it is something that allows you to bypass paying for different chargeable apps or not.

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Look below for a link which will explain Jailbreaking. You buy your apps from the Cydia store once Jailbroken.
We do not condone or help Piracy on our Forum, it is illegal!!
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2838-jailbreak-explained-new-updated-2011-a.html

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
2 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

TDibu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your references and by no means am I wanting to do anything illegal.

alvano

iPF Noob
Reaction score
great guys but mostly the tricks are old enough. thanks all specially,
{[ Triple tap the home button turns everything black/negative. }] by dream, it was funny

Stan56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.88-local-genius-memos.com
Hold down the sleep key at the told of the iPad and press the home button to take a screenshot which is added to the samera roll.

** Never mind, someone else posted this... ;)

wow thanks i have been wondering how that worked since i got the ipad 3 months ago. Really i should have known better as this works the same on the iphone lol

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stan56 said:
wow thanks i have been wondering how that worked since i got the ipad 3 months ago. Really i should have known better as this works the same on the iphone lol

You got an iPad 3 months ago? Where did you get the iPad 3 from? Do you work for Apple?

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

KJSmitty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WitchOneSalem said:
You got an iPad 3 months ago? Where did you get the iPad 3 from? Do you work for Apple?

What? You haven't seen them - they've been out for months now.....:)

Read: "purchased three months ago."

Cheers.

Most reactions

Latest posts