What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TIPS AND TRICKS - for those of us who don't know!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
poorbeer said:
I can't get this to work for some reason. Is there a trick to it?

I think that this may have been from an earlier version of iOS, you can now switch it on and off here......

The Archangel

Attachments

• image-2422150639.png
    image-2422150639.png
    187 KB · Views: 311

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't get this to work for some reason. Is there a trick to it?

Settings > General > Accessibility > Triple Click Home > check off Toggle White on Black. Then you can triple-tap the Home button to toggle White on Black on and off whenever you like.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Settings > General > Accessibility > Triple Click Home > check off Toggle White on Black. Then you can triple-tap the Home button to toggle White on Black on and off whenever you like.

Thanks Kay, I had missed this completely.......I love to learn new stuff and to celebrate my new knowledge I thought I would highlight this tip in images.....

image-2282155609.png

image-1129524424.png

The Archangel

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
The Archangel

I'm sure this has been posted previously. But for any new users who missed it there is a great feature which allows you to print your screen as a picture just as Gabriel1 has done. I love when poster add a picture to clarify there point. All you need to do is press your Home and Power button at the same time. Your screen is captured in your photo album . Then add to your post. it say a thousand words and cuts down on posts.

image-3372537776.png

Cheers

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for Skitching it, Gabriel. I'm too lazy to.

I like white on black a lot. Use it frequently.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Thanks for Skitching it, Gabriel. I'm too lazy to.

I like white on black a lot. Use it frequently.

Thanks Kay, I wouldn't have been able to do it without your answer......that's teamwork!

The Archangel

poorbeer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
I think that this may have been from an earlier version of iOS, you can now switch it on and off here......

The Archangel

Thanks to you and all that responded! I am learning new things every time I check back here. Very helpful.

Poorbeer

jinxx00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanx to all those who take the time to post tips in here, for all to share. I didn't know about the Goodreader tip & I'm going to try
posting a screen shot pic sometime soon! I work in Primary schools & have been able to share the knowledge there & they are most appreciative of all help given.

lukepast

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the correct place to post this but I guess the moderators can move it to where it ought to be?

I use my iPad as a laptop replacement especially on holidays away from home so I had a couple of needs which I have now satisfied :)

I've had the iPad about a year and a half and taken it on holiday abroad 3 times now. In November I got a bonus at work for finishing a project and bought a GoFlex Satellite WiFi hard drive that talks to the iPad for movies and other media. So, I have all my DVD movies and TV boxed sets ripped onto it :) And it's great I don't need to pick which movies to take with me on holiday -- I just take them all!

Before I went away for Xmas I was looking for a device/cable to be able to connect it to a TV in hotel rooms to have a bigger picture. I couldn't get anything in December as no-one sold such a thing. Popped into Maplin today for a browse and they had this iPad/iPod/iPhone AV cable on special offer for £14.99 :-D bought one and it's great! I'm watching a movie just now from the iPad. Only difference is the one I got was black which is better anyway as my 1st Generation iPad is black :)

crazye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so much for this thread. I'm an iPad/Mac newbie so am grateful for you experts!

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use this all the time - while in Safari go to the add bookmark button (looks Like an arrow pointing to the upper richt).
Select the Add to Home Screen
And that web page will be saved to your home screen.

Cheers

Most reactions

Latest posts