What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This Forum Not iPad Friendly

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Behave children or I'll have to take your iPads away.......:)

0ccc20aa.png

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
VBulletin is pretty standard....it is good and bad....good in the sense that as long as the site owner doesn't customize it to a point of being annoying to use it is very friendly and is the same as many other forums you go to....so you don't have to learn how to use every forum. I agree tho that a more finger friendly layout would be ideal. The biggest challenge for me is the last comment arrow. I can usually get it without zooming, but I have to zoom in to get it occasionally. I think the active topics button is perfect finger size tho. So maybe instead of the tiny little last comment button it should be something larger.

newfmp3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The page numbers drive me nuts. The best iPad forum I have used yet is avsciences one. Just toto avsforum.com and let it install it's own app when it asks, it's far better then any web based forum like this.

Last edited:

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The page numbers are a pain!

As tablets get more popular, I think websites will begin to be created for them. There is a way to detect what type of device the user has, and change the site to work with it. But tablets aren't really "mobile" like a phone. Eventually sites will be developed specifically for tablets.

Game_Writer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will admit up-front that this is a wind-up but...

The page navigation "buttons" are quite diffulct to use on the iPad because the "buttons" are so small.

This is an issue with the iPad in general, but perhaps this forum should design the web pages to be more iPad friendly.

What I hate is when you go to click on a topic, and get the poster profile instead. Very annoying.

OP
R

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

As tablets get more popular, I think websites will begin to be created for them. There is a way to detect what type of device the user has, and change the site to work with it. But tablets aren't really "mobile" like a phone. Eventually sites will be developed specifically for tablets.

You're right! The iPad probably should fall into the same category as the iPhone, web page design-wise.

Last edited:

psmoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too do not mind it the way it is. Expand and pinch. Would much rather have it this way then a mobile site.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

You're right! The iPad probably should fall into the same category as the iPhone, web page design-wise.

Take a look at the iPad user guide...it's a web app that looks exactly like an iPad app.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Take a look at the iPad user guide...it's a web app that looks exactly like an iPad app.
That's exactly my point. It's not the workings of the site that would benefit a change it's the design, meaning visual aspect. Bigger icons and drop down menus that look like an app's are easily done.

Most reactions

Latest posts