What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thinking about dumping my iphone when i get my new I3

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've found that I rarely use any features of the iPhone since I got the iPad 2. So all I need a a basic phone an my iPad.
Texting iPad, games iPad, Internet iPad, google maps iPad. In fact I could go with no cell an just the iPad.
My plan is by dumping the iPhone it justifies the cost and need for the ipad3.

So what do you think? Am I missing something?

"Post are better with pictures ".

Darkstar2007

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.iphoneforums.net
It really sounds like your mind is made up. :)!

Personally, I like having my iPhone and would actually prefer it over my iPad, but that's just my own opinion!

I use my iPhone for emails and Internet on the go. If I need something for serious productivity on the go, I use my MacBook Air. I have a 27" iMac at the house for home productivity. :D!

My iPad is more of a toy I use to carry around my house and watch videos, or play games on/Internet surfing. Out of all my Apple products, the iPad is what I could do without the most. That's just me though!!

If you like your iPad better than your iPhone and feel like you could step down to a feature phone, then do it by all means. You'd save money by doing that!

Hope this helps!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Horses for courses really. If I sat behind a desk, I could easily see never using anything but the iPad, but as I spend most of my life charging down cutlines at 50 mph, I find it easier to pull the phone out of my pocket when I get to a handy stop than to dig the iPad out of it's case.

It also saves money because I only need the data plan on one device. I just tether the iPad to the iPhone when I don't have wifi.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Dunno if you are in the USA. If you are you may want to look into the cellphone company MetroPCS.

I had an iPhone 3G and iPhone 3Gs. The phone bill with ATT was over $100 per month. I dropped the iPhone, switched to MetroPCS, got a 4G android phone and I'm Paying $45 for unlimited everything, talk,text,web. There home network is not as large as ATT or Verizon however they have contracts with the bigger companies so you get free roaming in 90% of the USA.

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
It really is up to you m8, as its your money, and your devices. I like having both iphone and iPad, but thats just me. They both have there own uses for certain situations.

Most reactions

Latest posts