What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

They Should Make...

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An app for iPad where you can have access to controls of iPod anywhere, while your surfing the net, playing a game, or whatever..

Like a lil mini controller that you can move around and it just floats anywhere on the screen, and of course with option to minimize.

This would be much better than having to open up iPod every time you wanna change the song.

I understand that you have the option to double tap the home screen and a small screen comes up allowing you to have limited control of the iPod app.
But for audiophiles this isn't good enuff, you want full control at your disposal, and I mean having access to the list of audio files allowing you to scroll...

So I calculated the time us audiophiles spend opening closing iPod app.. I used the example of opening iPod app say 5 times a day, for audiophiles this is give or take, and for hardcore audiophiles a lot more!

So I timed how long it takes to enter the iPod app from browser or game, and it is roughly 2 seconds, another 2 seconds to exit.

So 4 seconds total to enter and exit iPod app, using the example 5 times /day we have 20 seconds/day which for a year equals 7300 seconds or 122 minutes..

So what we have...

122 minutes/ yr when you average 5 times /day, but to be honest sometimes a lot more..
With an app that allows a floating player and also gives full access to your music files, you would eliminate a lot of wasted time.

But I also know a lot ppl don't care to access all their music files, so the question, why you still reading this?

(chart done on iPad with Easy ChartHD app, cheap)

Last edited:

Jake18oly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Like others have said double tapping the home screen will bring up a mini iPod control. If you are a jailbreak user SBSettings will give you some of the controls you are talking about with a small drop down box accessible from most any app.

OP
Ultrimate

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Double tapping the home screen isn't the solution, as you have to leave the browser and have iPod appear..

I'm talking about having a small screen or player (with skins!) hovering somewhere the same time your browser is open, so you don't have to leave the browser, game whatever.. This is multitasking I guess..

Maybe OS4..

Jake18oly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Double tapping the home screen isn't the solution, as you have to leave the browser and have iPod appear..

I'm talking about having a small screen or player (with skins!) hovering somewhere the same time your browser is open, so you don't have to leave the browser, game whatever.. This is multitasking I guess..

Maybe OS4..

I guess I am a little confused. If double tapping your home screen while browsing takes you out of the browser and to the ipod app you don't have ipod controls enabled.

If that is the case go to settings, general, home and enable ipod controls. That will allow you to change songs in a playlist while remaining in the browser.

If you already have ipod controls enabled then I don't have any other ideas.

OP
Ultrimate

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had iPod controls enabled but it wouldn't show, but I unchecked and rechecked and yes now it shows, thx!

Most reactions

Latest posts