What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad remote control

K9nny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a Harmon Kardon iPod dock, it's great and only just missed out on 5 stars from What Hi-Fi because of the restricted view of the iPod Touch screen when installed. However, I have an idea to get around this. I now have an iPad, do you know if there is an app that will work as a wifi remote between the two, I need the iPad to control the iPod?

Thanks, Kenny.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think Veency would be the only way...and you have to jailbreak to do that. I don't think there is an iOS to iOS remote tho.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you were jailbroken, there is an app that will allow an iPod to control an iPad. I would assume that it might work the other way, iPad to iPod. The app appears to be for controlling the iPad when it is attached to a TV (display out), so you can control it from across the room. It's called "iPod Remote Controller" from BigBoss, $1.00

Last edited:
OP
K

K9nny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, Tango Remote is just what I was after.

OP
K

K9nny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Installed it yesterday and it works a treat. It won't control the volume when the iPod is docked but I knew that anyway. Also, I think I am right in saying that it controls the music library only, it would be nice if I could also control the radio app that I have.

Most reactions

Latest posts