What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

copy music files to flash drive?

bertpatroons

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm thinking of buying an iPad, but I have a question first.

Is it possible to copy music files from the music library to a USB flash drive without the need for a computer?
I know already that with a jailbreak and a camera connector, you can access a USB drive and the data on the iPad, but are the music files stored on there so you can find the song you are looking for or is it all with weird numbers like on an ipod?
If so, is there an app on the ipad that lets you find the right song and copy it?

If that isn't possible, maybe there is an alternative music player which stores your music files normally?

Thanks for the help.

Bert

drownhardy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
  1. Make a folder for your new music by right clicking in the "removable disk" window and selecting "new" and then selecting folder. You can title the folder whatever you like or whatever will help you know that it is for your music files, and then open that folder. The task bar(at the bottom of your screen) should now have a box that has the same name you decided for you music folder.
  2. 3
    Now you go to where you have your music stored on your computer. Usually in "my documents" folder on your computer. Select an album you want to add to your drive and right click on them and select copy. Now go back to your music folder and paste the album into the folder by right clicking in the screen and selecting paste.
  3. 4
    Repest step 3 for all the albums you add to your usb drive, and once you have added all of your albums you can put them into an order you prefer(random,alpha,...whatever) Now number each album from top to bottom 01,02,03,... and so on, by right clicking each album and select rename. Now you have all the albums you like on your usb drive, close the screen your music folder is on.
  4. 5
    Go to the bottom right of your screen and move you mouse over the icons to find the one that says "safely remove hardware" right click the icon and click "safely remove hardware" to be sure you do not cause any damage to your drive when unplugging it. When the screen pops up double click on "safely remove hardware" and click OK on the next pop up screen, again click OK on that pop up screen, and close the "safely remove hardware" screen.
  5. 6
    Well congratulations! You have successfully copied your music onto your usb flash dri

OP
B

bertpatroons

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, but this really isn't an answer to my question.

I want to be able to select music files on the ipad and copy them to a flash drive (through the camera connector) when there is no computer around.

What you're describing is just copying them from a pc to a drive...

Anyone knows the answer to my question?

Reaction score
iFile should be able to do it.

It also shows the MP3 tags of songs instead of the cryptic names.

The songs are still in the F00-Fxx folders and I am not sure, whether you can search for songs directly, but if there is any app that lets you carry out this task, it will be ifile.

Most reactions