What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Smart Cover made of wood!

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

eddkahn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This case looks amazing!

Miniot Wooden iPad 2 Cover Is Gorgeous

has all the functionality of a smart cover

(my only concern is that it looks wobbly when used as a stand)

but read the article, watch the video - it's incredible!

Why such a vulgar title

I have changed it toned it down I agree unnecessary vulgar statement

Just so you know, I meant it in a jokey/sarcastic way - didn't mean it in a vulgar way (I actually quite like the smart cover!)

OP
Mtnmedic

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Huh? What did I do wrong? I started the thread. I noticed the title was changed. Did I have a freudan slip or something?

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry we merge your thread ad one thread was already running normally we do not notify user or op as a message is left at old location sorry for inconvience

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Almost enough to make me want an iPad 2...

Really just a great design.

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have found that so many third party sites have better alternatives to the smartcover yet they still retain some of the features which make the smartcover great - the magnets and the protections . but some of them like this wooden one seem so much better because they cover the back too - which you don't want scratched either!

I couldn't see a back cover in the video. It covers the back of the iPad?

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can't fight it, I just can't

Here is a much better Wooden I Pad

tulip_poplar_log_cabin2.jpg

AJsAWiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sshewa1 said:
Yeah. I'm definitely returning my smart cover. I'm not sure I'll buy the Minot cover(70$). But something similar. When I use my iPad at my desk I just don't think that the smart cover raises it enough for me. Would like to buy something that raises it a bit more.

Can I have it? ;)

RobGil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Miniot cover who sells it?http://www.islateforums.net/images/smilies/confused.gif

Trying to buy the Miniot Wood cover any one know of a dealer. Maybe its not shipping yet . I can't find a merchant anywher.
Rob:confused:

OP
Mtnmedic

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
RobGil said:
Trying to buy the Miniot Wood cover any one know of a dealer. Maybe its not shipping yet . I can't find a merchant anywher.
Rob:confused:

Nothing yet. You'll have to order from them directly at their web site.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

STi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think it's kind of stupid if you ask me...Wood easily dents,scratches and chips...I'm surprised alot of you like it...I doubt it feels nice like leather...would prob be slippery..I'll pass.

mackerelthecat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone using this cover?

This cover is quite beautiful....but I have searched all around the internet, and it doesn't seem as though anyone actually OWNS it.... I've now moved on to other covers and probably wouldn't buy it anyway, but I know they had a whole problem with too many orders on eBay and then shut down their account, drama drama etc...

So just wondering if this actually exists outside of the video/if anyone can report on how it is to use?

Most reactions

Latest posts