What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

the only thing that i'm dissapointed by.

shinelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I kinda dissapointed that apple ipad won't have too many space, why apple won't put like +100gb? Look at ipad classic it's small and look at the capacity it's way more than ipad. I thought ipad will be something more than apple iphone, ok maybe it has more mhz, but capacity, why? we have a bigger device and we want more storage.

That's why i'm afraid of buying ipad. I can't afford 64gb version it costs way to much. What do you think about ipad's capacity?
I think i won't be so fast and won't buy this device till the prices will drop..

P.S. Maybe anyone of you know any PC with windows os, and like +2 gb ram with touch screen for like 500-600 $ ?

Last edited:

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you know the difference between Flash RAM and a Hard Disk Drive? If so you can answer the space limitation reason for yourself.

HDDs, even laptop or portable MP3 player sizes are still big. The iPad would likely be several Millimeters thicker if it had one, which would likely take out of the comfortable hand-holding depth. Second, HDDs suck up a good amount of power because they have to physical spin the media and move the reader arm. You will be unlikely to find an HDD based device like the iPad which will offer and estimated 10 hours of active up-time.

The limitation of storage space has to do with Apple continue choice to use solid state memory. Even doubling the memory to 128 GB would likely take the iPad into the $1000 price range for the base model.

You're not alone in wanting to wait for a price drop or for many other reason.

By touch screen I assume you mean Multi-touch and not Pen based. I also assume you are looking for a full feature OS on the device like Windows 7 or Linux. Ya... not for 500 dollars. Best your going to get is looking the various Google Android or Chrome based tablets do out later this year. The ones using Windows 7 are not looking so good right now.

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If they allowed an SD card slot that would be ideal. You could buy multiples and put your movies and music on them and swap them out at will.

Sounds like a good compromise to me.

iVegas702

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why change out SD cards for movies if you are going to sync with iTunes? Keep your movies there and upload the ones you want, thats what I do now with my iphone.

iVegas702

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will get the 32 even if I don't think I will need it. It will be nice to have since I can't upgrade to it later.

Most reactions

Latest posts