What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official I pre-ordered my iPad 3 Thread!

pianoman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think Apple ever anticipated the sheer volume of preorders this time. And they force the carriers to hold until launch day. If you live in a Metro Area it doesn't surprise me one bit that hundreds of 3/16 promise dates didn't arrive. There's only so much one driver can do in one day. Apple's silly about the Friday release dates. They should make it Wed or Thu and then only promise BY Friday.

I gave up on preorder after both by 3GS and 4 did NOT come when promised. I'm a line stander now and I'm always first in line at the Apple Store in my area. :) Works every time. I will never use preorder ever again. And in my area - as long as your at the mall when it opens - you're first in line. No need for the 4am wait nonsense. I'm there at 8:30am and am first in line. So I'm a changed man! :) And if you're first in line on the East Coast (as I am) you always get yours before the FedEx or UPS trucks arrive to any preorder folks anywhere in the country. :)...
... that is, if being "first to have one on day 1" matters to you.... lol

Last edited:

FunkatronJive

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I wasnt 3 hours from an Apple store (or if it at least wasnt a weekday) I would have been standing in line too..... Im sure I will get it someday... but by the way the UPS CSR said I will have it by the 21st I bet I wont even get it tomorrow..... I wonder if UPS packages only come my way when there is a certain amount??? Is that possible? I just dont get why it was left behind today when its been there ALLLLL weekend and even ALL day friday....

FunkatronJive

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah! Finally. :)

I'm so glad it finally came also..... I called UPS this morning and they told me they were just waiting on the direction of apple to deliver to me.... I called Apple and Apple called UPS told them they had no idea when it would be delivered at that point I didn't care anymore.... 6 hours later it arrived!!!!!!

We are going to Edmonton on the weekend..... I gotta find a case.... I don't like the one I bought

mossfur

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:thumbs:Boy has this thread slowed down, ok got my new Ipad yesterday 20 march,ordered on 10 march,the stats are interesting, i had 3 different shipping dates and 3 different dilivery dates, went from processing to shipped,no mention of China or the west coast at all,says it was shipped out of Lewisberry Pa.,so Apple must have stock piles througout the U.S. Appears to be a great unit but i notice it runs a lot warmer than the 1 and 2 did. Ipad 3 16 gb 4 g black.

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mossfur said:
:thumbs:Boy has this thread slowed down, ok got my new Ipad yesterday 20 march,ordered on 10 march,the stats are interesting, i had 3 different shipping dates and 3 different dilivery dates, went from processing to shipped,no mention of China or the west coast at all,says it was shipped out of Lewisberry Pa.,so Apple must have stock piles througout the U.S. Appears to be a great unit but i notice it runs a lot warmer than the 1 and 2 did. Ipad 3 16 gb 4 g black.

Glad you have it. I was expecting the thread to continue a bit longer, but I guess it's now a mainstream item.

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Yes, the screen difference is the same - they are identical screens on the iPad1 and iPad2. But - wow! The difference overall between an iPad1 and an iPad3!!! I am so thrilled with the change.

So, fair warning to iPad1 owners out there: Do NOT go look at the new iPad or "play" with it in stores. You have been warned... :D

Marilyn

What we do not know will not hurt us.

Sent from my IPAD 1st generation. WIFI only. 64GB

mikeswife

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Me to! I ordered an engraved 64gb engraved on March 15th. It 1st gave me a delivery date of April 11th, then last week changed it to b/n April 2nd to 9th, but sent me an email saying 9th. Today I checked my status & it had changed from processing to preparing for shipping! It's driving me crazy to see what's going to happen next!

Most reactions

Latest posts