What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official I pre-ordered my iPad 3 Thread!

celly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seems to me that the warranty shouldn't start until at least the 16th. Oh well I am going to get the Apple Care+ for iPad, add 2 years.

When I checked the status of my iPad3 on the Apple Support site this morning, not only did I see my Serial # listed (yay), but they said my warranty expires on "approximately" 3/11/13. I'm sure they'd make allowance for the 16th if you needed to claim.

Apple Support Site

FunkatronJive

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WHOOOOO HOOOOO my serial number is listed also...... UPS still has NOOOOOO info.... just that its being delivered to Cold Lake... any other Canadians have the same thing happening on UPS???

UGH I am soooo annoyed.... I want to purchase the applecare now but since I didnt do it when I preordered I can ONLY do it in store... closest store is 3 hours away in edmonton.... I called apple and even though I havent even received my ipad it still has to be done in store where my ipad gets inspected before I am allowed to buy applecare...... I suppose we are making an unexpected trip to edmonton next week just for applecare... not exactly worth the gas money....

Last edited:

celly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to purchase the applecare now but since I didnt do it when I preordered I can ONLY do it in store... closest store is 3 hours away in edmonton.... I called apple and even though I havent even received my ipad it still has to be done in store where my ipad gets inspected before I am allowed to buy applecare.

I purchased my last AppleCare warranty several months after I bought my iPad 2 and did it online. Maybe the rules changed with the new AppleCare+? I can see AppleCare+ having different rules because it's as much an insurance policy as it is a warranty.

The only item still "processing" in my order is my Bell 4G card. I wonder what's with that?

The 3G card for my iPad 2 showed up two weeks before the Ipad did (I didn't preorder last year).

BriteSun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Per-ordered my engraved 64gb, white 4G/LTE iPad on 3/7. UPS tracking had it shipped from China on 3/9, arrived at Hong Kong on 3/10. Delivery SUPPOSE to be 3/16 to business addy by end of day. OK, so it got to Hong Kong on 3/10......and it's STILL there, according to UPS!!! What's up with that?? Seems like it should at least be in Anchorage by now???

HONEY BADGER

iPF Noob
Reaction score
UPS is not updating anything for my ipad since sunday the 10th it says it has departed from Anchorage AK and its going to be delivered on the 16th i would at least want some kind of update on which state its at at the moment so anxious here !!

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks like UPS is just not updating any tracking information. If that helps them deliver faster then that's ok with me..
I just got the cover and camera connection kit ordered with the iPad3 delivered to me today without any warning that it was coming. So I'm not even looking at tracking anymore.

celly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got the cover and camera connection kit ordered with the iPad3 delivered to me today without any warning that it was coming. So I'm not even looking at tracking anymore.

Probably explains why my Bell 4G card ordered as part of the same transaction still shows as "processing". :D

Jenningsville

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim Cook announced the new iPad at 6pm UK time on 7th March... UK Apple Store down all evening.

8th March 6am, placed my 64gb 4G Black pre-order, delivery to Hertfordshire, England. Order details indicate 16th March delivery.

10th March 11am, received "shipped" email with delivery number, stating delivery on 16th March.

10th March 11pm, received sms msg from Apple indicating order will be delivered on OR BEFORE 16th March. Status on "Track Orders" web page states "Shipped on 10-Mar-2012 Delivers on March 16". Being delivered by UPS.

Similar to other folk, the payment to Apple doesn't appear in my credit card online statement, and when I enter the tracking number into the UPS online tracking service I get the message ">>> UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Please verify your information and try again later." Doh... I'm now starting to think I only dreamed of making a pre-order!

14th March 5.30pm, received Apple Store Billing Document. Checked online credit card statement... shows payment taken on 10th March. UPS tracking still showing ">>> UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Please verify your information and try again later."

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
celly said:
When I checked the status of my iPad3 on the Apple Support site this morning, not only did I see my Serial # listed (yay), but they said my warranty expires on "approximately" 3/11/13. I'm sure they'd make allowance for the 16th if you needed to claim.

Apple Support Site

Mine expires 3/08/13! That is what I get for ordering so early.

panchucko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
. I want to purchase the applecare now but since I didnt do it when I preordered I can ONLY do it in store... closest store is 3 hours away in edmonton.... I called apple and even though I havent even received my ipad it still has to be done in store where my ipad gets inspected before I am allowed to buy applecare...... I suppose we are making an unexpected trip to edmonton next week just for applecare... not exactly worth the gas money....
I just chatted with a person on Apple site, he said that I could order applecare+ on the 16th in store or I could call this number (hope I am not breaking the rules) 18002752273 he said that they will add it on the 16th

Ruthie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I ordered mine on 8th March and it is STILL processing. Everyone else's ordered around that time seem to have been despatched.

robert65d

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tracked my order - left China 10th arrived Sydney 13th (not a slow boat). Was hoping to receive it in South Australia on 16th, but now on the 15th tracking details say 'receiver requested new delivery date' (origin Shenzhen - not me) - obviously they do not want to deliver early or even on 16th. Is this because they would be delivered in Australia before America or Europe?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
robert65d said:
I tracked my order - left China 10th arrived Sydney 13th (not a slow boat). Was hoping to receive it in South Australia on 16th, but now on the 15th tracking details say 'receiver requested new delivery date' (origin Shenzhen - not me) - obviously they do not want to deliver early or even on 16th. Is this because they would be delivered in Australia before America or Europe?

Could be. Official release date is 16th and that's US time not ours. I wonder if they will deliver on Saturday, I know I do get deliveries of parcels here (Brisbane) on a Saturday. My daughter is patiently awaiting hers too. We can only hope! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts