What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official I pre-ordered my iPad 3 Thread!

huayangnianhua

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah. there are so many people crushing at apple.com, maybe i should choose to wait for the March 16...

epoche

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My 64GB WiFi black left Ontario, CA, on the 11th in route to Green Valley, AZ. Has to shown up in Phoenix or Tucson yet. Wonder
What happened to shipment.

Fairwayman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am selling my ipad 2 to a local buyer and will meet at 4bucks for wifi, how do i transfer ownership to the buyer and after that should i setup as "new" for him? Anything else I should know?

3off

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, just spoken with the woman at Apple - apparently, the UK ones will leave the Apple distribution hub at 2am UK time and be handed to the care of the couriers (UPS & TNT). They really have got this wound right down - they seem scared of a leak pre-agreed timeline. So much for Team Viet-cong busting that!!!! ;)

Only then can we see proper tracking numbers on the respective websites!! I know I'm sad, but I'm excited. Its good to know that my order has been confirmed as arriving on the 16th!!!!!! Yes folks, she said confirmed!! I can't wait.

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Finally got the email saying it shipped. No tracking yet, but it looks like it was shipped without the Apple TV which is good if that was what they were waiting for. I may still get it on the 16th.

celly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, just spoken with the woman at Apple - apparently, the UK ones will leave the Apple distribution hub at 2am UK time and be handed to the care of the couriers (UPS & TNT). They really have got this wound right down - they seem scared of a leak pre-agreed timeline. So much for Team Viet-cong busting that!!!! ;)

Only then can we see proper tracking numbers on the respective websites!! I know I'm sad, but I'm excited. Its good to know that my order has been confirmed as arriving on the 16th!!!!!! Yes folks, she said confirmed!! I can't wait.

Thanks for the update. I figured it was something like that. If Apple says you'll receive it on the 16th, that will most likely happen.

Apple said I'll get mine on the 16th. That's all I need to hear. :D

ashley69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My order tracking is stating it has been shipped to TNT Manchester England on 10 March. Delivery date 16 March. yipeeeeee

grouchomarx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seemed like my original 4/3 delivery date has been pushed back to the 6th according to order status. Ordered 3/11. Fortunately it would be my 2nd one so I can at least be excited on the 16th.

Last edited:

SquiderDragon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
64Gb Wifi + 4G ordered. Delivery date quote as 16th :). Seems they have Syncreon handling logistics for some UK orders. I have a tracking number and sales order but there is no actual activity as yet. Shows shipped 10th March so I assume they have it in holding. I am pretty certain it will be in my hands for the 16th! Can't wait. I am upgrading from the iPad 1 which I love to bits so it will be a cool upgrade to the new iPad by passing the iPad 2 along the way.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know my iPad will be here Friday, but until I get a tracking number, I will be sweating that I get lost in the shuffle. Unfortuneately there are a few times when the people doing the paperwork get a few orders screwed up. And I would imagine they are using a lot of temps this past week.

jawa6306

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, just got my shipment notification today and my tracking number and it says it was piked up in Nashville TN about 400 miles from where I live. I guess they're not all coming straight from china.

grouchomarx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, just got my shipment notification today and my tracking number and it says it was piked up in Nashville TN about 400 miles from where I live. I guess they're not all coming straight from china.

I wouldn't say that since Nashville is a major Fedex hub. Chances are your unit was originated from somewhere in China and by the time it appears on your tracking status, all prior information is unnecessary was thus lost.

jawa6306

iPF Noob
Reaction score
grouchomarx said:
I wouldn't say that since Nashville is a major Fedex hub. Chances are your unit was originated from somewhere in China and by the time it appears on your tracking status, all prior information is unnecessary was thus lost.

Well it was an origin scan. It didn't say it was in transit or anything but that it was picked up by FedEx. We'll see what the box looks like when it gets here

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Finally got the email saying it shipped. No tracking yet, but it looks like it was shipped without the Apple TV which is good if that was what they were waiting for. I may still get it on the 16th.

Dilemma now, on my order tracking it slated for delivery on Mar 16, however for some reason the original order page had said that delivery was to be Mar 19-20 since I had ordered late Wed evening that is what I expected. Wondering now should I hold my breath on the 16th, it certainly would be a pleasant surprise.:D

Also I had it delivered to work instead of home, as that was more predictable that I would be able to receive it. They seem to have different delivery schedules for work and home.

Most reactions

Latest posts