What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official I pre-ordered my iPad 3 Thread!

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Apple could learn from "Enterprise" Chief of Engineering, Montgomery Scott. Under promise and over deliver.
AA
image-2965125009.jpg

Gayle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NBC news tonight reported that Apple would not be able to make their promised 3/16 deliveries on most orders due to heavy demand. The bulk will be rescheduled for Monday, 3/19.

NBC never gets their stories straight--from the LA Times site today:

Apple told USA Today on Sunday that "customer response to the new iPad has been off the charts and the quantity available for pre-order has been purchased."

Read the entire article--we will get our iPads on Friday.

ETA, assuming it was ordered in the small window and you got a delivery confirmation of the 16th.

Last edited:

rebelwithacause

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NBC news tonight reported that Apple would not be able to make their promised 3/16 deliveries on most orders due to heavy demand. The bulk will be rescheduled for Monday, 3/19.

Nah, I don't think that's correct. I think they ran out of the stock slated for March 16 delivery so any orders placed after that slipped to later delivery dates. Oh sure, I have Chrome auto-refresh my order page every 2 minutes but I'm pretty sure that if we ordered on time and our order says delivers on March 16 we'll get them on March 16.

grouchomarx

iPF Noob
Reaction score

If your shipment date is based on the Fedex or UPS tracking info, you're golden. If you still cannot see any shipment status, then it could be quite iffy.

HappyPelican

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just found out my Dad pre-ordered me the 32GB wifi!!! Hot damn I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas. All set for a 3/16 delivery date. I don't know what I did to deserve this but Happy 37th Birthday to me;) My six year old is excited because he gets my 1st generation!

celly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DARN!!! I just got updated on UPS... 9:08pm.. just says a label was created... I have no hope of getting it friday now :(

Don't be so certain. UPS always has wacky tracking info. I got the same message when I track mine. Seen similar in the past. The tracking info will get updated when they load the plane load of iPads. ;)

Benii

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine has just arrived in Sydney today - delivering via standard shipping. I ordered the moment the store came online after the launch.

What are the odds I may receive it early? 4 days seems a long time to get from the airport to me (I live very close)

Anyone else in Sydney got this (or other) news?

This is my first iPad, purchased by my partner as a gift. So I'm extremely excited!!!

FunkatronJive

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Celly, did you get an email from apple after we noticed the UPS info was updated? I got one confirming my delivery date is the 16th... Canada Post is hit and miss with delivery dates so I hope UPS is better!

celly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FunkatronJive said:
Hey Celly, did you get an email from apple after we noticed the UPS info was updated? I got one confirming my delivery date is the 16th... Canada Post is hit and miss with delivery dates so I hope UPS is better!

My email from Apple earlier today said get mine on the 16th.

UPS sucks. They've screwed me on delivery times so many times in the past. Something tells me they'll be on their best behaviour for this iPad rollout. I much preferred when my orders from Apple.ca were delivered by FEDEX.

Last edited:

FunkatronJive

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope so!!!
I got the email this morning saying my item shipped and is set to deliver on Mar 16 and then tonight I got an email confirming it.

jawa6306

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My order has finally been updated to read "preparing for shipment" it still says I'm set to get it the 16th.

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
mlfurgerson said:
Mine has been sitting in Kentucky since Sunday afternoon.
Mine too. Hard to believe these units won't make it to the destinations in the lower 48 states by Friday. They must have them on hold at that location since it would normally arrive Wednesday at the latest.

Most reactions

Latest posts