What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official I pre-ordered my iPad 3 Thread!

Nikki86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just checked my account and it's doing the same thing. I saw the charge on launch day and now the money is back in my account?!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
samch said:
i'm really confused as to why when i ordered my ipad 3 at 12.40am on the 8th someone else in uk who ordered the same ipad at 6am is getting there's delivered by the 16th and mines not being shipped till between the 16th to 19th wondering if ordering the apple tv has delayed it :( would of ordered them separately if id realized .anyone else order the apple tv and getting a later shipping day ? iv always managed to get my apple stuff on launch day before and i feel like a big kid sulking to think iv got to wait a extra week lol

My daughter ordered hers early on launch day and her expected arrival is March 16th to 24th, but then we're in Australia.

grouchomarx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just ordered my 2nd new iPad. The web says it would take 2-3 weeks for shipping and the order confirmation email says it will be delivered on 4/6. :(

Does that mean Apple is only playing it safe and I may still be pleasantly surprised to receive it MUCH SOONER?

Mistweaver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
last year when I ordered my iPad 2 the delivery estimate was 3-4 weeks, by the time it came it was only two weeks so you never know.

panchucko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pre ordered mine March 9th 64GB Black Verizon 4g LTE, got my tracking info today. Coming in via UPS still in Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong

Last edited:

iPAD@UVA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got my FedEx notice of shipment yesterday via email from Apple.
According to FedEx it was picked up in Middletown PA at 10:48 AM 3/11/2012 with "Future Delivery Requested".
Estimated delivery is 3/16/2012 by 4:30 PM.
Delivery method is Standard Overnight - Indirect.
Already took the day off to wait at home for it.

FunkatronJive

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Woot woot!!! Got my shipping notice!!!! Once the tracking is updated I will see where it's coming from and have an idea if it's going to make it on Friday

grouchomarx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
last year when I ordered my iPad 2 the delivery estimate was 3-4 weeks, by the time it came it was only two weeks so you never know.

Thanks, that was what I had hoped. I just compared the two Apple notifications and found that the 4/3 date on the acknowledgement email appeared to be an estimate. But the shipment notice had the complete tracking information and the UPS link showed a delivery date.

Let's hope Apple under-promise and over-deliver.

Last edited:

mossfur

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Folks we need some dates and time to compare ETAs and what ever,thank you.

FunkatronJive

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered mine on launch day at 3:10pm and I just got my shipping notice. Says it will be delivered on Friday. No time but I know ups goes by my house at about 11am. It's a small town so I'm wondering if others have preordered too she (the only ups driver) will be busy!

celly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Woot woot!!! Got my shipping notice!!!! Once the tracking is updated I will see where it's coming from and have an idea if it's going to make it on Friday

Yay! An update from a fellow Canadian. I'm still in "awaiting shipment" mode. When did you order?

NVM, I just saw your update. I ordered mine a few hours after you. Hoping for the same 3/16 good news as you.

Last edited:

epoche

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ordered mine -Black 64GB WiFi -on the 7th, soon after store opened, Fed Ex tracking shows left Ontario CA on the 11th. Shows delivery on the 16th, although would not seem that it would take that long to get to Green Valley, AZ; but I'm assuming Fed Ex will not deliver until the 16th.

Had a Black 64 GB WiFi first version. Gave to my daughter. Only used 32GB. Have a 16GB Black
WiFi second version. Am constantly trying to keep 2-3 GB free. Now with the new retina screen
and larger apps expected, I went for the 64GB latest version.

I read New Yorker and Wired on iPad and have to keep archiving to have free memory.
By the by reading both mags on iPad is MUCH better than hard copy.

Last edited:

grouchomarx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My UPS tracking shows that my iPad has been sitting still at Louisville, KY for the past 48 hours (originated from Chengdu, China). I think all the shipping companies are waiting for Friday. I doubt Apple would let anyone get it any earlier.

Most reactions