What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official I pre-ordered my iPad 3 Thread!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
saphire said:
White 64gb wifi, just hope 20 don't turn up, I had a job to check out.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Gees, wouldn't that be funny! on the bright side, I don't think you'd have any problem selling them though

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wow, I did it

Just pre-ordered my first iPad directly from Apple online: "iPad with Wi-Fi + 4G LTE for Verizon 64GB (3rd generation)" Delivers on March 16. I can't believe it; in a little over a week I will be the proud owner of the one I've been waiting for...
I really wanted to wait until the first reviews were in, but then when I read what was offered, I broke down. No more steaks and dining out. Denny's or Subways will be the future dining experience. But who cares!!!
Actually, my wife made me do it. I guess she had enough of my talking about the next iPad. On the other hand, I won't be getting in her hair for some time. Too busy playing with my new toy.
All I need now is the iPhone 5 :eek:

hunterjoe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I Pre-Ordered the "pad-69" , so i would be a few months ahead. I hear there soon to be out in Fall?

HONEY BADGER

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I pre ordered mine a min ago it says delivers by march 16th. so does that mean it will get to my house on the 16th? or it ships on the 16th?

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
BTW I got an Ooops! a few times and was sent back to square one. Tried it a little later and I got to the actual ordering page but got another Oooops when I clicked to order. Tried a few minutes later and finally got through all the way. I guess their servers were running hot...

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I pre ordered mine a min ago it says delivers by march 16th. so does that mean it will get to my house on the 16th? or it ships on the 16th?
As I interpret it, you should have it at your house on the 16th.

paul65k

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered mine around 1:15 here in CA and had lots of trouble getting through the various screens due to traffic (lots of busy messages). I finally go to the end and received my confirmation from Apple for my White 64GB/4G/LTE (Personalized) unit.

My wife will be happy to get my iPad 1 (Same configuration 3G) that has accompanied me on over 500K air Miles since I got it. I pre-ordered that one as well and was actually using it for almost 4 hours before they had them for sale in the Apple Store!!

I actually got into the buying mood for the iPad2 as well when it came out but you couldn't pre-order that one and when I went to the store on introduction day the line was at least 3X it was for iPad1....so I lost my enthusiasm and decided to wait for the 3 when I actually saw the 2 in action......Apple missed out on at least one sale the last time around so the pre-order was a good idea IMHO.

Woo Hoo only 9 days to go!!!!

V1V1D

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Took me 30-40 minutes, kept loggimg me out. I had an engraved version in the cart but wouldn't let me checkout. I went back and hit order again, now I had 2 in my cart..ugg. I finally was able to delete the 2nd one then it locked up on me again the only button I could click was "save order" then it disappeared and had to start over again. I finally made it all the way through to checkout but forgot to hit engrave..ugg again. I said who cares, at least I was able to get one.
32GB Wifi only. I'll wait until the iphone 5 comes out with LTE and Jailbreak it and use Wifi tether on it. I couldn't see the extra $120 for LTE plus $30 a month when wifi is everywhere I am ususally.

Now what to do with my Ipad 1 & Ipad 2?? My daughter wants the 2 so I guess I may be able to get $200 for the 1? Or I'll donate it to a friend or someone who can't afford one.

Congrats to everyone who was able to get one.

jcherepy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I could not get into the Website, I kept getting, "NO MORE! NO MORE!" :eek: So, I tried the old fashion way, the telephone. I managed to get in after just a few tries and the young lady answered the phone "Tech Support." I told her I wanted to order the iPad and she said they were handling the overflow. She took my order, but it took about 30 minutes or so because her system was very slow. She gave me my confirmation number, but I haven't received the follow up email yet. I guess things are still clogged up. Oh, I ordered a black 32GB wireless + 4G.

[update]

I just now (10:05AM EDST) received my confirming email.

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
jcherepy said:
I could not get into the Website, I kept getting, "NO MORE! NO MORE!" :eek: So, I tried the old fashion way, the telephone. I managed to get in after just a few tries and the young lady answered the phone "Tech Support." I told her I wanted to order the iPad and she said they were handling the overflow. She took my order, but it took about 30 minutes or so because her system was very slow. She gave me my confirmation number, but I haven't received the follow up email yet. I guess things are still clogged up. Oh, I ordered a black 32GB wireless + 4G.

Great idea to phone, thanks for posting this info!

Most reactions

Latest posts