What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "new" iPad getting hot. Possible Issue?

Jazzephaye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed how hot the back of the new iPad gets? Especially in the bottom left hand corner (when facing the screen) Mine gets very hot, not just warm and I don't recall this happening with my first iPad or the second one. I've only been using it for about 2 hours off and on. Anyone else notice this?

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Jazzephaye said:
Has anyone else noticed how hot the back of the new iPad gets? Especially in the bottom left hand corner (when facing the screen) Mine gets very hot, not just warm and I don't recall this happening with my first iPad or the second one. I've only been using it for about 2 hours off and on. Anyone else notice this?
Did u stand on line to get it?? ;)

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am noticing it is quite warm. < written with the new voice dictation >

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The increased battery size is the apparent culprit. It's normal.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Are you guys on LTE or Wifi? If on Wifi, do you have the LTE version?

Tim84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had two brand new iPhone 4's in a row replaced as they were getting so hot they almost couldn't be touched. Apple & Orange swapped them straight away and said it was a 'safety risk'

We are talking really hot though, not just warm!

nade1958

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jazzephaye said:

Yes me too but it's probably because of the processor

grouchomarx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a reported issue on Macrumors... Not a major concern...

Mine got moderately warm after about 1 hour... Nothing life threatening...

Captfx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My black 64 GB Verizon LTE engraved also gets noticeably hot on the left side and bottom. Top and other side are much cooler. It's not unbearable I just hope it's normal. My 2 didn't get warm.

iRaptor25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine gets a bit hot too. I liked the days of a nice cool device, but not a big deal as long as there arn't real overheating issues.

OP
Jazzephaye

Jazzephaye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did u stand on line to get it?? ;)

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.1 Update From NYC!!! using iPF.net

Yes..I did..I got to the mall around 4 a.m. I wasn't bad at all, and plus it was my first Apple store launch day experience so it was pretty cool. I have always bought the iPads at retailers. After they opened, I had my iPad within 30 mins. Only thing that took a while was me making sure I stayed grandfathered into the unlimited data plan. All in all I made it back to the house by 10. Not a bad day! I would do it again instead of pre-ordering. What time did your shipment come?

Most reactions

Latest posts