What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The London Olympics 2012

Temp52

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfair judgement and too much Uron events. That's funny that the bronze medal got broken and the USA flag was blown away. Also the mayor was stuck in the wires.

OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Temp52 said:
Unfair judgement and too much Uron events. That's funny that the bronze medal got broken and the USA flag was blown away. Also the mayor was stuck in the wires.

Temp52, welcome to this thread. The thread is now looking at the London Paralympics 2012 as a continuation of the London Olympics 2012.

The country from which you see the events may offer a different viewing experience from that enjoyed in the UK.

The Paralympics opening ceremony was superb. Time passed by quickly.

We loved seeing the marine deliver the Olympic torch by zip wire.

The use of umbrellas to provide continuity and props was clever.

Personally, I was moved by the tribute to, and contributions by, Professor Steven Hawking. :) :) :) :) :)

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, I'm still not sure. The ads were frustrating. I enjoyed some of it but... I was left feeling when was it going to really get going. Very slow, the commentary didn't really explain what was going on and I fell asleep!!!! I woke up for our team though. It was all beautiful but I preferred the Olympics ceremonies. I love music so it was a hard act to follow.

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Well, I'm still not sure. The ads were frustrating. I enjoyed some of it but... I was left feeling when was it going to really get going. Very slow, the commentary didn't really explain what was going on and I fell asleep!!!! I woke up for our team though. It was all beautiful but I preferred the Olympics ceremonies. I love music so it was a hard act to follow.

I suppose the appeal will be to different tastes, Hayles. My wife kept repeating "Boring" during the show. So I guess you are not alone! I don't think she was that enlightened! ;) :)

Time probably passed by quickly as I repeatedly tried to dodge around the pop up boxes on the laptop.

I've had a bog standard "Do not reply to email" response from C4. I expect I will get a human produced reply in a month or two!

We are looking forward to the family day out to the Paralympics on Wednesday :)

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have fun Richard. The athletes are what this is all about. My daughter found it boring too!

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Have fun Richard. The athletes are what this is all about. My daughter found it boring too!

I too found it slow but I think this was down to the TV coverage, not what was happening.

They told us very little! Now, reading the Times this morning, there were so MANY interesting details that passed me by without being understood or even seen. Such a great shame.

The athletes entry just goes on & on...with so many countries taking part now, there must be some way of shortening this without cutting out the wonderful experience that it is for each individual athlete?

But on the firmly positive side: loved the umbrella theme running through it all, creatively manipulated & witty. And loved the inclusion of as many people with disabilities as there could be; those faced by Stephen Hawking probably tops them all. The theme of flying was also spot on. Lots more.

Yes, it's all about the athletes now.

OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
According to the papers, there were lots of complaints about the ads, and some of the presentation.

The show itself was great.

OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We switched on C4 expecting some live sport. We got a studio discussion going on, then a piece about a swimmer.

In the meantime, a Paralympic record was broken. Come on, where is the live sport? Even a split screen presentation would be better than the watered down programming.

I'm copying this to paste onto C4's Facebook page.

C4 can do far better sports presentation than what is being dished out.

OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
At last! Live action. Channel 4 is now delivering.

Cycling in the velodrome is being covered live. We have switched to the back up Channel 4+1 to see the equestrian events broadcast an hour ago.

I am assuming the morning broadcast had technical problems - hence nothing live.

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Richard Brown said:
At last! Live action. Channel 4 is now delivering.

Cycling in the velodrome is being covered live. We have switched to the back up Channel 4+1 to see the equestrian events broadcast an hour ago.

I am assuming the morning broadcast had technical problems - hence nothing live.

Thanks Richard for the alert. Now on 4+1 & watched the Norwegian Dokkan in the dressage. Looking forward to Lee Pearson coming up soon--they wouldn't NOT cover his turn live, would they??:-(

BTW, glad you're complaining for us re the coverage.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Canada's first medal of the Paralympic Games is gold. :)

Montreal swimmer Benoit Huot won the men's 200-metre individual medley, breaking his own world record with a time of two minutes 10.01 seconds.

Canada then won a silver medal in the Women's 200m Ind. Medley - SM10.

Summer Ashley Mortimer of Burlington, Ontario finished with a time of 2:32.08

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
Canada's first medal of the Paralympic Games is gold. :)

Montreal swimmer Benoit Huot won the men's 200-metre individual medley, breaking his own world record with a time of two minutes 10.01 seconds.

Canada then won a silver medal in the Women's 200m Ind. Medley - SM10.

Summer Ashley Mortimer of Burlington, Ontario finished with a time of 2:32.08

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Aren't the Paralympians doing well. it's incredible how much effort and adaptation they put up with, yet deliver.

There is a photo on the front page of the London Metro today showing a Ukranian swimmer, without arms, being helped into the pool for a backstroke heat.

OP
Richard Brown

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
We are watching the equestrian events at Greenwich. A lady rider is currently in gold position.

Most reactions

Latest posts