What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The iPad is Not Welcome in Yankee Stadium

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
yankee-stadium-ipad.jpg

If you’re a baseball fan planning on going to Yankee Stadium anytime soon, and you also happened to be joined at the hip to your iPad, be warned that you and your beloved Apple device will not be allowed inside the stadium together. A report on CenterNetworks today outlines how the iPad joins laptops and video equipment as devices banned from the New York stadium.

The story is based on the account of a woman who posted on IGN’s Mac boards about how she was turned away at the gates because she had an iPad with her, although she eventually managed to sneak in with it under her jacket. The woman said that she is always allowed to take her iPad into the Red Sox games at Fenway Park, and pointed out that it seems strange to ban devices such as iPads and laptops when the stadium provides free Wi-Fi! And, as the CenterNetworks post points out, it’s not a very forward-thinking decision by the MLB - surely they can see the potential of being able to use a live scores and chat app during the game. As CenterNetworks says, if it works for NASCAR, why not baseball?

By Maura Sutton, iPadForums.net
Source: CenterNetworks

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They are worried that more people will be looking at the iPad instead of the game.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know why. iPad users can't eat a hotdog at the same time they use their iPads...

It's a blatant infringement of the Hotdog Eaters of America Convention.

Item# 8934 states: "Apples and hotdogs don't mix."

dpizzo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Eh, it's a private business. If they don't want iPads in their stadium, that's their choice.

write-stuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.richarddawkins.net
I guess it is their choice. But what the heck do they advertise free wifi for then? Maybe they're afraid people sittting around you will want to watch over your shoulder rather than watch the field. Makes no sense to me.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It reminds me of a time I went to a college bowl game. We got turn backed because we wanted to bring our own drinks and chips in. They would even check bags. However, there is a lot of stuff that can be stashed in a good camera bag when the camera is around your neck. A few velcro dividers can hide a world of items. The next gate was no problem.

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It reminds me of a time I went to a college bowl game. We got turn backed because we wanted to bring our own drinks and chips in. They would even check bags. However, there is a lot of stuff that can be stashed in a good camera bag when the camera is around your neck. A few velcro dividers can hide a world of items. The next gate was no problem.

Or when you snuck a pint of boos into the movie theater with you when you were under age.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Its been added under their laptop ban.

It wasn't originally banned however someone from yahoo asked if they would ban the iPad as well and they thought, hmmmm.... I think we might as well include the ipad in our no laptop policy.

Most reactions

Latest posts