What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Anything Goes" thread

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Haven't had breakfast yet. Too lazy to do it. Bit of a cloudy, breezy day today, anyone got a better day today. Tim? Bob, Gab, Amy....

OP
robertlc

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Haven't had breakfast yet. Too lazy to do it. Bit of a cloudy, breezy day today, anyone got a better day today. Tim? Bob, Gab, Amy....

At almost 5a.m., it's 75degrees, 10% chance of rain, forecast high of 88, low of 72.

Too dark to see what it looks like outside.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Cloudy and breezy here today too - but at least it's not raining at the moment!!

Tim

Tim! How are you doing? Sun is trying to peep through the clouds but let's hope it's good for us, for a change. I was using iPad in my btec class yesterday and all the kids kept coming up and wanting to touch the screen. They've seen iPods and iPhones but it's only a bigger screen? I can hear all the arrows coming at me for that statement alone! A bit of a distraction, I'm afraid but they settled after a while. I was typing up our farm trip report on pages and they were all making suggestions and correcting me on certain points. It was great! They didn't realise that although they thought they weren't working, they were, verbally! A few lazy clowns in that class I'm afraid and also it's summer term and you know what that means. Hols are on their way and they go into decline quickly. Hard to keep up their interest in science sometimes especially when it's a compulsory subject for all of them. 

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just can't understand this lack of interest in science. When they see all this cool stuff around them, I can't understand why they're simply not itching to know how it all works. I was always taking stuff apart when I was a kid - which I was good at - and then putting it back together - which I was not good at. I well remember the day I took my mother's sewing machine apart...:(

Tim

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
..... I was always taking stuff apart when I was a kid - which I was good at - and then putting it back together - which I was not good at. I well remember the day I took my mother's sewing machine apart...:(

Tim

Especially when those little tabs on the tin toys snapped off! <BG>

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bad boy! Yes, my brother was exactly the same and so was my dad. His first attempt was a radio but he did manage to put it back again.
I keep telling them that without science, where would all their mobiles, tvs, car gadgets etc... Be without it. One student entered a poster about what would we do without science and he entered a blank page with the message at the bottom - nowhere! Brilliant, I think he won it or got a prize, just for the humour. Some of these kids have no idea about anything, Tim, because they were brought up by tv programs, older siblings and ignorant child parents who don't have a clue either! We teachers have a few suggestions but human rights wouldnt allow it!

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
robertlc said:
At almost 5a.m., it's 75degrees, 10% chance of rain, forecast high of 88, low of 72.

Back on the UK side of the pond. The sun is up, it's nice and warm and with a light breeze. SE of London. The met office weather app is handy. .

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love science, it's so easy to get into it these days with programmes like horizon, bang goes the theory, etc.......oh and those shows by Dr Brian Cox, fantastic!

The Archangel

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Richard Brown said:
Back on the UK side of the pond. The sun is up, it's nice and warm and with a light breeze. SE of London. The met office weather app is handy. .

Yes, but I think it's about time they had an HD version! The portrait look is annoying. Very useful thing though!

Gabriel1 said:
I love science, it's so easy to get into it these days with programmes like horizon, bang goes the theory, etc.......oh and those shows by Dr Brian Cox, fantastic!

The Archangel

Yes, my science dept went to see him in London recently and I had to stay behind and be the supply teacher for those teachers who were going!. Not amused! I'm in btec this year and last year I was in triple science. Is this a trend for me!

Last edited:
OP
robertlc

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
robertlc said:

And the world hasn't ended over there yet?

Amy0x

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Richard Brown said:

Where are you then? I'm in Berkshire, weather is the same.

I've had an awful morning, a whole hour on the phone to my ISP to get them to bloody fix it... Finally Internet is fixed and I can come on here again.
Funny thing is this happens every few months.. Like our Internet settings change miraculously over night... And talk talk then earns all our money just by us calling... I swear they do it on purpose!!!! OKAY RANT OVER.

Plans for the rest of the day... iPad and slight housework along the way... Oh and jumping up to look out the window while waiting for the post man :)

Most reactions