What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Anything Goes" thread

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I really missed talking to you guys. I got a bit bored I'm afraid. I think to be on here a long time, you have to give yourself mini breaks to keep it fresh.

sent with love from my iPad on IPF

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
I really missed talking to you guys. I got a bit bored I'm afraid. I think to be on here a long time, you have to give yourself mini breaks to keep it fresh.

Agreed. I too had a mini-break, I'm back now though.

Sent from my beloved iPad 2 using iPF...... All For One And One For All.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
so pleased to see you my friend and also to hear your other half is coming back. It must be a gaping hole in your life even though technology is helpful to keep in contact. There is nothing quite like the cuddles and closeness of your other half.

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
so pleased to see you my friend and also to hear your other half is coming back. It must be a gaping hole in your life even though technology is helpful to keep in contact. There is nothing quite like the cuddles and closeness of your other half.

Agreed, it will be nice! Nite nite every1

Sent from my iPad using iPF

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:

You better believe it.

Sent from my beloved iPad 2 using iPF...... All For One And One For All.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Another day in la la land. Should have been an easy day but turned into hell. Two teachers off so I had to cover another class. Didn't know half the kids and the class was 30+.

jncbankston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone converted music to the AAC version to save space on iPods? Is their a noticeable difference in sound quality. I use the beats by dre over the ears.

Sent from Scooter, my White Verizon 32GB iPad2, using iPF

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone converted music to the AAC version to save space on iPods? Is their a noticeable difference in sound quality. I use the beats by dre over the ears.
As a long-time "audiophile" I rip everything to a lossless format (FLAC/ALAC). However in the last couple of years I've allowed the libraries I keep on my iPad and iPhone to use the default AAC compression setting and I have to say that I can totally live with it in my car as well as when I use my fairly high-end earbuds or my Sennheiser over-the-ear headphones.

If I connect my iPad to my home theater I can tell the difference, but I already have my full music library on my iMac and can send it through my Apple TV2 so there's no need to use my iPad that way anyhow.

I say give it a try. If you don't like it you can always delete everything and go back to however you have things set up currently.

In the end I was amazed not only by the acceptable sound quality, but by how much more music I can carry around!

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@rich. Thank you for sharing. That really does help my decision making. Cheers!

Sent from Scooter, my White Verizon 32GB iPad2, using iPF
My pleasure.

FWIW I was discussing something similar with another member who's brand new to the iPad and very new to audio recording. I gave him a link to an article I came across a while back that does a pretty good job detailing the options out there:

MP3 vs AAC vs FLAC vs CD | Stereophile.com

You're probably past all of that, but thought it might help someone that follows.

Cheers!

mjtyler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just wanted to say that this app is one of the best I have on my iPad ( not to mention the forum) simply for all the information I have taken away from all of the great people who are involved in this. Just wanted to say thanks.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just wanted to say that this app is one of the best I have on my iPad ( not to mention the forum) simply for all the information I have taken away from all of the great people who are involved in this. Just wanted to say thanks.
Nooo...thank YOU for being part of it! :)

BTW, is that a doodle for your avatar? Very cute puppy!

Most reactions

Latest posts