What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Anything Goes" thread

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
TMWeddle said:
Our four month old grand-daughter is bringing her parents here to Ohio from North Carolina this weekend for her baptism! We've been getting ready for the visit. We will be even happier if the weather co-operates.

Sent from my iPad using 

I agree it's very sweet, but what amazes me is how clever your 4 month old gran-daughter is. Lovely.

Sent from my beloved iPad 2 using iPF...... All For One And One For All.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iPad 2 is cool said:
I agree it's very sweet, but what amazes me is how clever your 4 month old gran-daughter is. Lovely.

Sent from my beloved iPad 2 using iPF...... All For One And One For All.

Absolutely. They do develop so young :D.

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Richard Brown said:
I've just booked a break in Dubai for the latter 1/2 of September. It's all inclusive for 5 days. Not so long to wait, and looking forward to it. My wife has always wanted to visit. Me to but on a take it or leave it level of interest.    

Have a great time Richard, make sure you do the jeep safari in toyota land cruisers, and the wadi wadi water park next to the burj arab is excellent too. September will be hot during the day but everything is air conditioned and the standard is higher then then london and very clean.

Sent from my iPad using iPF, using iOS 4.3.2

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got back from best buy in enfield retail park, this shop opened 2 weeks ago on the 26th. Tried a few tablets there, htc, samsung 3d which costs £799 and wasnt all that and a few others like asus and archos or something, motorola, blackberry. Non of them were as good as the ipad, and the girl said the app stores for these devices are not as good as apples. Anyway we got talking and she said that the comet store that got looted next door, one of the looters left his cv in the counter, and this looter didnt get the job earlier in the interview and the manager recognised him on the cctv camera. Basically the guy went to loot the comet store where he didnt get the job and left his cv behind

Last edited:

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My brother is obsessed with phones (claims he thinks tablets are stupid, but I bet you he gets one) and drags us to Best Buy Mobiles and Verizon stores all of the time. I've tried every tablet Verizon offers, and a few from other carriers and I just don't think they are as good as the iPad either. The Samsung 10.1 comes the closest I guess. And I'll say it again - I think Honeycomb and Android in general looks weird on a tablet.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had a huge laugh today! One of my work colleagues has bought herself an iPad and she absolutely loves it. Yay! I have someone to talk to at work now! She played on mine a couple of months ago and her hubby bought her one!

sent with love from my iPad on IPF

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Hayles, great to see you, love your avatar

So what made you laugh today?????!!!

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles, that's awesome! I talked about the iPad nonstop for like a week and my friend Gary bought one the night before I did. Haha

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good karma said:
Have a great time Richard, make sure you do the jeep safari in toyota land cruisers, and the wadi wadi water park next to the burj arab is excellent too. September will be hot during the day but everything is air conditioned and the standard is higher then then london and very clean.

Thanks Good Karma. You prompted me to check for tours on line. The costs are reasonable and I've taken info for a desert trip, a city tour and a trip up the tallest building. I think we will be pretty busy!

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good karma said:
Just got back from best buy in enfield retail park, this shop opened 2 weeks ago on the 26th. Tried a few tablets there, htc, samsung 3d which costs £799 and wasnt all that and a few others like asus and archos or something, motorola, blackberry. Non of them were as good as the ipad, and the girl said the app stores for these devices are not as good as apples. Anyway we got talking and she said that the comet store that got looted next door, one of the looters left his cv in the counter, and this looter didnt get the job earlier in the interview and the manager recognised him on the cctv camera. Basically the guy went to loot the comet store where he didnt get the job and left his cv behind

Ah is he one of the three interviews by the Thames? One of the three (all with their faces fully covered up) stated he was attacking places which didn't reply to his job application, including a Comet store in Clapham. There isn't a Comet store in Clapham..... Need I say more?

Last edited:

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Richard Brown said:
Ah is he one of the three interviews by the Thames? One of the three (all with their faces fully covered up) stated he was attacking places which didn't reply to his job application, including a Comet store in Clapham. There isn't a Comet store in Clapham..... Need I say more?

Lol, could be the same person, who knows  have a great trip in Dubai, the view from the tallest building in the world should be amazing. Also if you can vist a place called Al Ain, one of the greenest place in UAE. There is a mountain road in Al Ain whose name i forgot, it is amazing if you are a keen driver or biker. The locals should be able to guide you to that road.

Edit, ok, its called mount hafeet, the video below is not great and does not do justice, you have to be there to appreciate how great that road is

Last edited by a moderator:

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
robertlc said:
I'm back. We got drenched from a tropical storm, and on a 3-day weekend!

Where from Robertic? Yes, I'm calling the conditions real www; wet windy weather.

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi every one
Back on deck.
Been all over the place.
Now back in Vanuatu with guests
Someone has to do it
Hope all well
Whats been happening???

Most reactions