What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "Anything Goes" thread

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks! I'll get hubby to drive seeing its my birthday and I can have some wine! Have fun and mingle!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nice, lucky you! I'm more of a beer person, but a glass of red with certain foods is always nice!

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly. If I won the lottery, I'd buy an iMac. Otherwise, it'll take a very long time for me to save up for one.

So the date I went on on Saturday.. It went well. I of course searched for things wrong with him as I often do, as a defense mechanism for when he loses interest, as they often do. He calls me up on Thursday and invites me over to his house yesterday.. Had a really good time. Tonight is his Halloween party. I don't have anything that passes as a costume so I hope I can cheaply pull something together. I'm also nervous because I don't know anyone else there but him, it's his party which means he'll be hanging out with everyone leaving me to fend for myself with a bunch of people I don't know, and I'm doing that crazy girl thing where I like him a LOT and am silently begging him to like me back but of course I can't read his mind and I just hope he doesn't lose interest and ahhhhhh
I'm going to give away a secret here...and guys do NOT like to admit it but it is a fact of life. The woman picks the man. Where do you think the phrase "She chose poorly" originated? Trust me, you are in control. One more...and that's it! He wants you to like him almost certainly more than the other way around. The whole "I can take it or leave it" attitude is a front. We know women are drawn to it. More than anything though we want the same things you want. So enjoy the "power", relax and things will be fine. ;)

Remember, he may not be "Mr. Right" but he could be "Mr. Right for right now"...plus there will be other guys there as well! If he's single (I'd hope so!) there will probably be more guys than women. He may be your date, but you're not married to him...have a look around, enjoy the scenery...have fun! :)

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
richsadams said:
I'm going to give away a secret here...and guys do NOT like to admit it but it is a fact of life. The woman picks the man. Where do you think the phrase "She chose poorly" originated? Trust me, you are in control. One more...and that's it! He wants you to like him almost certainly more than the other way around. The whole "I can take it or leave it" attitude is a front. We know women are drawn to it. More than anything though we want the same things you want. So enjoy the "power", relax and things will be fine. ;)

Remember, he may not be "Mr. Right" but he could be "Mr. Right for right now"...plus there will be other guys there as well! If he's single (I'd hope so!) there will probably be more guys than women. He may be your date, but you're not married to him...have a look around, enjoy the scenery...have fun! :)

Haha thanks for all of these tips, Rich. Noted!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Aww shucks! Thanks you guys. Had a great night. I'm not sleepy so I checked in. I hope Lyndsey is having a good night and thank you to Rich for my fabulous apple cake!

I put a photo of me looking weird on Sweet Poisons Halloween thread as she asked me to!

Don't forget to put your clocks back an hour, Brits.

Last edited:

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Happy Birthday Hayley
Best wines from Vanuatu
Hope your day is wonderful and many more!
Cheers
Julie

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's best wishes
Thanks auto spell check
But enjoy a wine as well,but definitely not from Vanuatu

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you friends. Had a great party. Not too much to drink but hubby's punch was yum and sister in laws pumpkin soup was real yummy.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Thank you friends. Had a great party. Not too much to drink but hubby's punch was yum and sister in laws pumpkin soup was real yummy.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Glad you had a good night! Party could've been worse, could've been better. Got no real read from him if he likes me.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Oh! Well! Did you enjoy yourself?

For the most part yes. But it was weird only knowing Matt, who I barely know. Look forward to more intimate one on one get togethers for awhile, maybe, haha. If/when I meet his friends again, it'll be weird seeing what they look like without costumes.. Some of them got pretty into it.

Most reactions

Latest posts