What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Textbooks?

bjameslynch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I get my iPad I would love to be able to load digital copies of the textbooks I need for my classes. Does anyone know any good sites for e-textbooks? Format isn't really an issue, just as long as there's an app to open the file.

jchetty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm doing this as well. I using the sites: Amazon, Cengage, & Coursesmart respectively.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does your campus bookstore provide this option? Some formats will not read on an iPad. If they are in Adobe Digital Editions, you will need the Bluefire app to read them.

I see you are in Indiana. I hope you're not going to Perdew, are you?

<==== IU-B grad.

jchetty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I primarily use CourseSmart. But only for books that I don't plan on keeping.

For books you do plan to keep, what do you prefer? I'm really try avoid buying physical books. The reluctance of publishers to release textbooks for purchase is rather disappointing.

ChemoSabe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I primarily use CourseSmart. But only for books that I don't plan on keeping.

For books you do plan to keep, what do you prefer? I'm really try avoid buying physical books. The reluctance of publishers to release textbooks for purchase is rather disappointing.

I have been buying my books with Amazon and reading them on the Kindle app. Seems to work fine. The highlighting function on Kindle is a pain and there are no page numbers, so you sometimes have figure out what sections you are reading or having to look up, etc. Other than that, no problem.

iBooks does not seem to have textbooks yet. I have not tried the Nook, nor have I tried renting a textbook.

Good luck.

Most reactions

Latest posts