What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

who has read ebooks on the iPad for extended periods of time?

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On iBooks, if I recall correctly there's also the Hans Christian Andersen, Arabian Nights and Grimm Brothers fairy tales collections, as well as the "Alice in Wonderland" and "Black Beauty" stories.

That said, I make it a point to alternate between the iPad and pulped-tree books during storytime - perhaps I'm a traditionalist at heart, but I believe reading printed books engages the child's mind in a different way from how digital media sometimes merely "spoonfeeds" them.

ChIpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have the money to spend then there is nothing wrong with reading for longer times on Ipad, it is very crisp and clear, but if you are only going to use it for reading, probably better to just get an ebook

Mike_73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just an idea as we allready started covering kids books:
Would someone start/join a thread where we could collect good/funny kids books (free and paid differentiated maybe)?

Itwasntme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've enjoyed my books several hours at a time on the weekend, and have had no issues with my eyes.

matt_90036

iPF Noob
Reaction score
+1 to kindle if you are going to read books. the screen on that thing is amazing, no eye strain and well worth that $139. i am waiting for my iPad but when i looked at it at the apple store i would never read an e-book on it. Magazines yes, PDFs yes but not an ebook.

iPadster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
+1 to kindle if you are going to read books. the screen on that thing is amazing, no eye strain and well worth that $139. i am waiting for my iPad but when i looked at it at the apple store i would never read an e-book on it. Magazines yes, PDFs yes but not an ebook.

I thought the same thing, but now I enjoy reading at night with my iPad better then using my Nook with a light. :)

TimTheos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a Kindle and iPad. I tried using iBooks on the iPad, but I much prefer the Kindle app. Simply because it allows automatic sync between the Kindle, my iPad, my iPhone, and the Kindle app on my Mac. I had the Kindle before the iPad came out, and read many eBooks on that device. Since iPad, I mostly read on the iPad or iPhone, unless I plan to read outside. Then the Kindle wins, hands down. I have read much more since I got my iPad. Probably over 100 books so far. With my work schedule, I don't have much time for reading. I like to read in bed. After my wife falls asleep, I use the iPad with no lights. I dim the screen and can read for hours without disturbing my wife.

Most reactions

Latest posts