What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upload Textbooks Files to iPad Without iTunes

Geoff9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Blue/Fizz
Could you please explain about Calibre in more detail as I am using cloud to transfer mobi books to the ipad,

I have setup Calibre with wifi and loaded 3 e--books but how do I now find the 3 e-books on my ipad-air?

Regards Geoff

Fizz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to Connect /Share at the top of Calibre and start the Content server. It gives you an IP address something like this 192.168.1.16:8080.
Copy that number into the address field of Safari, this links you to Calibre. Find the book you want and click GET. It will ask you where you want to open this book i.e. iBook

Blue92

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Fizz covered it in detail but if you use Calibre frequently you might want to assign a static IP address to your PC. With a dynamic IP being used for your PC it can change when rebooted and other times.

I have my PC set to use a static IP with Calibre set as a "startup" application so it opens and starts the content server automatically when the PC starts. Handy if you use Calibre fairly often.

Geoff9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for your help, but when I click on safari it comes up with Google so I can't find the address field of Safari, sorry for being a bit thick but I just can't get my head around the ipad.
Regards Geoff

Blue92

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Screen shot of my Calibre server in Safari:

image.jpeg

Type the IP address shown in Calibre in the address bar of the Safari browser. The IP address of your install can be found in the Calibre application under Content Server IIRC. You may need to add :8080 on the end of the IP address. The 8080 shows in my Calibre install and the Safari bookmark but does not display in the Safari address bar.

Last edited:

Geoff9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for taking the time to reply, apology's to ipad4 for derailing the thread.

Regards Geoff

Most reactions

Latest posts