What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tether camera to ipad

arshield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mrshields.com
My wife is going to shoot santa pictures next week and I have seen that it is possible to tether the camera to the iPad as a larger live screen. Seems like a good option to show parents pictures. Anyone try this. Seems like there are two options. A jail broken option and a non-jail broken option. The non-jail broken requires a router.

Anyone with experience trying this?

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why not just get the camera adapter and upload the pictures to your iPad for viewing?

OP
arshield

arshield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mrshields.com
I have the camera adapter. And that works fine. But with tethering you can see the shot live without removing the card. As you are taking pictures with Santa one person can take the shot and another shows the show to the parents to make sure they like it. If you had to take the card out then it wouldn't be live. It would work, you would just have to switch cards between every kid/family.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Think the basic photo app is too simplistic to cope with tethering. Have tried with my camera but it just goes into card read mode everytime. I suspect you might need a powered usb connection to get tethering to work.
Would be neat if it did though.

Most reactions

Latest posts