What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for an iPad friendly security camera

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My requirements are as follows:

1. Night vision
2. Compatible with outdoor enclosure
3. Wireless
4. Password to view
5. Viewable on computers and ipad
6. Normal security camera options like recording, snapshots per time interval, motion alert, etc.

I have a buget of about $500. I'd prefer to have some range of movement but that is not required.

Anyone have a current working solution or know of one? The problem with just researching the solution is that most of them do not provide good details and I don't want to shoot in the dark and deal with multiple returns.

Edited to add: preferably not Logitech.

Last edited:

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Any wifi streaming camera will work. D-Link have a range, but there are many others. Some have specific iOS apps that work with them. If you use a free app like iCam - you can join up both wired web cams and networked cameras to your app, and they don't have to be on the same network.

jamesjohan16

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, Actually I have little knowledge about the Ipad or iphone friendly security cameras.I just know about the Ip , cctv dome or other security cameras Actually I also have some one, but I want to some thing more about it's all.so please tell me some thing more about it and how it work and attach with iphone or ipad .so thanks in advance.

oberkc

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use cameras from foscam, panasonic, and d-link. I can view all via apps on my ipad (I use the app: IP Cam Viewer).

I don't believe there is any special requirement to be compatible with an iPad. So long as the camera has an IP address I expect that you will be fine. The biggest difficulty for me was configuring the router with port-forwarding rules.

My dlink DCS-932 cameras are all intended for indoor use, but I have a couple mounted outside, protected from direct exposure. Night vision range is pretty limited, but enough for indoor use.

My Foscam model is an exterior-rated device and has pretty good night vision. Color is not very good during daylight conditions.

Panasonic unit is my only one with pan/tilt/zoom capability. It has no night vision built in.

With the exception of being compatible with an enclosure, all these cameras have every feature you list as a requirement.

Leocon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello im looking for something for my ipad1 to use as vídeo and take fotos and use also on skipe or faceTime, do you know anything?

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts