What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tell me something good!

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Something good? Um hang on I am thinking =) can anyone see the smoke???

I see the smoke, David! Did you ever come up with anything?

This weekend went by too damn fast.

I am almost done with my 40 hour shift (yes I have a eight hour break in the middle to sleep but its long)

I go home tomorrow morning and get to hang with my little one for the rest of the week (Daddy Daycare *flex*) while my wife has to go off to work all week.

You people complaining that the weekend is too short. From my prospective its WAY too long. :D

aww! What do you do?

The main thing a holiday means to me is that I am working on a holiday instead of a weekend or weekday.

Holidays are time and a half? And what do you do, Sea?

wigsajumper said:
I am almost done with my 40 hour shift (yes I have a eight hour break in the middle to sleep but its long)

I go home tomorrow morning and get to hang with my little one for the rest of the week (Daddy Daycare *flex*) while my wife has to go off to work all week.

You people complaining that the weekend is too short. From my prospective its WAY too long. :D

Seadog said:
The main thing a holiday means to me is that I am working on a holiday instead of a weekend or weekday.

what does the two of you do?

down here holiday started Thursday. It was FAST! we went out of town. but watching two kids does'nt count as a holiday!

It started Thursday? That is so not fair, Joy!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:

aww! What do you do?

Good morning Sweet P, have you forgotten I've been off two weeks already ( school Easter hols). But you have last laugh as I'm going back to work tomorrow - damn students.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:

aww! What do you do?

Good morning Sweet P, have you forgotten I've been off two weeks already ( school Easter hols). But you have last laugh as I'm going back to work tomorrow - damn students.

aww! Back to work, woman ~ with the best of us. I can tell you love your job ~ as do I!:D I could not go to a job I hated every day all day, I don't care how much they paid me. Been there done that.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
aww! Back to work, woman ~ with the best of us. I can tell you love your job ~ as do I!:D I could not go to a job I hated every day all day, I don't care how much they paid me. Been there done that.

Yes, I know what you mean. I worked in the computer section of my dads supermarkets ( ranging from south africa to UK) from the age he considered old enough (12 or 14 not sure it was legal though). Until I had my first daughter ( it could be considered escape by some) then my sister in law got me a job at the local high school and I worked my way up to Higher Level Teaching Assistant which is just another name for cheap supply teacher in the education industry ( ask Tim). Anyway! Something good. I am having a fry up this morning - fried eggs, sausage, mushrooms. Can you top that Sweet P?

wigsajumper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do medical imaging (x-rays and CAT scans) in a small rural hospital. I really enjoy my job and it's one of the few good paying jobs in my area but the weekends are getting old.

Jim B

iPF Noob
Reaction score
True but then after the end of May we only get one more until Christmas so it's not all good!

The Archangel

For us business people, we only get New Year's and have to wait until end of May for the 2nd holiday. All those in-between ones like President's Day are not observed by the US Businesses.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Jim B said:
For us business people, we only get New Year's and have to wait until end of May for the 2nd holiday. All those in-between ones like President's Day are not observed by the US Businesses.

They would lose too much money, the greedy sods.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am in charge of a water treatment system. We operate around the clock, and I have to be available at all times for my operators. And I often come in on weekends to catch up on paperwork. I have to deal with the EPA and state agencies on a variety of subjects, and I have noticed that for government, paperwork is a growth industry.

Last edited:
OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like a big job!

I have something good!

I am going to do paintball this weekend! I have always wanted to. Bruises and all!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Sounds like a big job!

I have something good!

I am going to do paintball this weekend! I have always wanted to. Bruises and all!

Got anyone in mind when you are doing that! Like enemies, flash dudes etcetera.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My son just sent me a text, we are going ten pin bowling and playing American pool tomorrow, now that's good......unless he beats me!

The Archangel

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Don't mention flash! I think you may have got away with it this time!

The Archangel

Help! The flash police will notice us! Deda deda batman!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
American pool ~ interesting. I love pool!

Me too, my son tends to beat me at pool but I beat him at ten pin bowling.

American pool yes, we have slightly different tables, rules and balls in the UK but american pool is definitely the game here now.

The Archangel

Most reactions