What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tell me something good!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seadog said:
In the states, billiards is the common term for the various versions played here. Technically billiards are a generic term, but we use it for 8-ball, 9-ball, 10-ball, straight pool, one-pocket, etc. 8-ball is the most common, but players have been known to switch games during a session. What you are referring to is English billiards, which is related to carom billiards. Back a long time ago, as a teenager, I used to hustle the GIs to play. The military tables were free, but due to the limited number (one), the only way to keep playing was to win. My specialty was making a long shot where the target ball was on the end cushion and being able to tap it just so where it would follow the cushion to the corner. Unfortunately, in 33 years of marriage, I have not been able to persuade my wife to get rid of the living room funiture and install a table.

Ten ball! Wait till I tell my son that tomorrow......he'll never believe another word I say!

The Archangel

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Imagine a circular chocolate, shredded wheat, dried fruit and nuts cake and that's what I am having for my afternoon tea. A bit like choc crisps or choc cornflakes but in a round cake mould. Yum yum. Now that's good isn't it Marie!

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I got to spend time with some of the best people in family, plus my better half, so that was good!

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Imagine a circular chocolate, shredded wheat, dried fruit and nuts cake and that's what I am having for my afternoon tea. A bit like choc crisps or choc cornflakes but in a round cake mould. Yum yum. Now that's good isn't it Marie!

Sounds delish!

Nope, not a thing lol

David! I am sure you have something. I am off to work now ~ so by the time I return you must have "something good":p

I love that song too, "Tell Me Something Good" I Forget who sings it.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Sounds delish!

David! I am sure you have something. I am off to work now ~ so by the time I return you must have "something good":p

I love that song too, "Tell Me Something Good" I Forget who sings it.

Chaka Khan and Rufus but no doubt Glee will sing it too some day. Daughter loves Glee, I'm being resistant or ignorant. Take your pick.
Bye bye Sweet P. Miss you already!

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last night I had a thick huge Porterhouse, cooked to perfection, with a side of brocolli, and pineapple almond ice cream for desert. The only problem was it smoked up the house.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Seadog said:
Last night I had a thick huge Porterhouse, cooked to perfection, with a side of brocolli, and pineapple almond ice cream for desert. The only problem was it smoked up the house.

Sounds nice! Is a porterhouse a steak! And the ice-cream sounds lovely.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, I beat my son at ten pin bowling and pool, how good is that? Hmm, maybe a little bad thinking about it......although I showed him how to be a good winner by dancing on the pool table and shouting "loser......loser.....loser" whilst pointing at him!

Gotta put the youth of today in their place.

The Archangel

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, they are so good at telling us we are losers, it feels good to get our own back. Well done Gab!

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ugh some family members should be able to get traded in! Just saying!!

Most reactions