What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taking your iPad out in the wild

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not only do I take it daily to work, but I take it to town every day on average by public transportation. Funny you mention 'out in the wild' because it's coming camping with me Monday in a week.

tpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I leave the house, it goes along. I use it for email and to look up suppliers etc.
I have a Clear Spot that I move from one vehicle to the other. That way I have my wifi hotspot where ever I am.

sunking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just returned from a trip to Disneyland and took it with me. Used it in the airport and on the plane ride both ways, where I saw many others using them as well. Also used it while sitting by the pool at The Disneyland Hotel. Got several looks and questions there...even a little girl that was with the family sitting next to us noticed it and asked about it. She couldn't have been any more then 10 or 11 years old. I guess Apple is doing a nice job in marketing the iPad to people of all ages.

Flinthills

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I took mine to the coffeeshop and sat on the patio, facing away from people. I enjoyed my iBook.

maryinredding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I took mine on our boat yesterday. I have the 3 G one but guess what? Even though AT&T says they have 97 percent of the wireless market it would only give me EDGE out there and it was too slow to even load a page. I have Sprint for my cell phone and I forgot my phone otherwise I would have been able to tether it to the phone. I knew there was a reason I don't have AT&T for cell service!!

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I take it to the orthopedic clinic and the physio clinic because there is some waiting to do. People are polite as they always are in Québec. They only ask what it is and then mind their own business.
I also took it for stats at a few places where they displayed World Cup matches on big screens. Appreciated there also. I'm glad I bought the 3G.

nytngale

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I take mine most everywhere I go. It has come in quite handy when my husband and I have gone on weekend trips - makes points of interest, hotels and restaurants very easy to find. I also love having it with me so I can read if I end up having to wait somewhere. The iPad is lightweight and fits easily into my purse. Much easier to take along than my net book.

Bogy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have taken to the mall to use while waiting for family members. Verizon' free wifi was appreciated. I took it to a conference and it came in very handy. I used it to take notes,was able to download an email from a workshop leader and access a paper and powerpoint slides he sent me. My wife had surgery last week and I took it along to use while she was having pre-surgery tests and then the day of surgery. Free wifi was available both times. All these times times I got questions about it. How I liked it, what I did with it. And I didn't miss 3G at all. Actually, a couple of times I have not taken it because I knew I would be driving and my wife was disappointed I didn't bring it.

orisonmarden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
YEsterday i tried to buy waterpack to my iPad so i could bring it to snorkle in Kuta Bali ... but i rethink that was stupid idea since we have cheap sandboard :(

OP
S

SallySparrow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like you need to buy her one too. We are a two pad family.

so are we,,,, there is no way i could share my iPad..

I think we're about to be one. I brought mine home a month and a half ago, and the boy has already gone from "I would never spend my money on that crap. It is all Apple's plan to take over the world!!!&^^*@" to "Yeah, just give me 5 more minutes, I'll hand it right back to you" to "It's not fair. I want one too. I didn't realize you could do so much with it *grumble grumble*".

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I gave my wife my iPod Touch and sync'ed it on her computer (she has her own computer and I have my own computer - things are much more peaceful this way!) but I don't know how long that will hold her until she will want an iPad of her own.

Fotonutz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For me, I just had a spinal operation one month ago and need to go back to the hospital for physiotherapy as well as follow up appts. Just went for a software and hardware upgrade for my neck. Took out 4 cervical discs on my neck, removed excessive bone spurs and had metal implants.

The iPad is a great as I can latch onto the hospital's wifi and surf the net or read ibooks while waiting for my turn to see the physiotherapist or doctor.

So far, I've only ventured from my home to the hospital.

Have to wait for my bones in the neck to fuse before going anywhere else.
:(

Most reactions

Latest posts