What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where do you take your iPad?

iPadOhana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I checked through the "search" and didn't find anything. Thus, I was wondering where you take your iPad? Do you use it mainly at home or do you take it everywhere with you? Do you take it to work or out socially like an accessory? Just curious...:)

fuzzyfelts

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a camper van (RV) and it goes everywhere the camper goes as my entertainment centre!

jhood2323

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I took mine everywhere(i.e. walmart,bi-lo,mall,church,toilet,etc) I was dumb for returning my 3g . And I won't make that mistake with the ipad 2

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
Mine is always with me. And depending on what I am doing or where I am going, I have different cases for it. When I first got mine, I didn't take it many places, I felt silly. However now, I am taking it everywhere. I feel weird if I don't have it with me.

Funny how we get to where we are dependent on our add-ons. I used to be content with my Blackberry, but it feels clunky now.

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a brief case that I keep my iPad in + accessories + charger. I carry that everywhere, work, home etc. Sometimes I whip out my iPhone for stuff, sometimes I whip out the iPad. It is nice to have a choice that is not heavy or uncomfortable to lug around.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Use it at home, home office (self employed). I carry it everywhere in my handbag mostly in the Apple case. I have a Tenba mini messenger that holds my camera, lenses and Ipad so carried on photo shooting also. We have wifi available it seems everywhere from our DT square to drs. offices, to grocery store, our Home Depot, car repair, libraries, restaurants/cafes/fast food, etc so I'm very happy with wifi only. When we travel we have mobile hot spot/Verizon on Palm Pre Plus phone but usually don't have to use it. I'll reconsider 3/4G when I buy Ipad 3 and ur contract for Palm free mobile hot spot runs out.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
At home mostly. If I'm going further than a few miles or a few minutes, I take with with me. It stays in the car unless I have a reason to carry into the store, restaurant, whatever.

I have a Droid X for impulsive lookups while I'm in stores.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine goes with me just about everywhere (work and leisure), including nearly 30,000 air miles around the world last December.

leneo34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
z3olyte.com
I take it everywhere with me and always have a use for it wherever I go. At home, I use it as a desk clock, watch movies on it and play Tap Tap.... when I'm out, I browse online when I find a good wifi signal and check on my websites. It's always in my bag when I'm out so I make sure the bag I use would always fit my iPad in it... already brought it while on my Hong Kong trip last month :)

ipfuser653

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unless I'm doing something where having with me wouldn't be the best of ideas, mine stays with me pretty much all the time; at home, at work or travelling.

Last edited:

flttrainer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Roxas said:
Mostly just to university lectures everyday. Feels awesome to only be carrying it with all my lecture notes and handouts stored whilst my buddies are there with files upon files. ;)

I also love having all my lectures with me in my iPad. I can access all my class material via dropbox no matter where I am.

Aladyleyna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Basically everywhere, really. It's useful for long rides thanks to ebooks and games, and if there's Internet, then I'll just do my usual surfing. Plus I need it so as to be able to note down my spending and important events and to-do lists, because I'm extremely forgetful and chances are if I don't write it down right away I'll forget it. And when I start schooling again I can store all my notes there. Though I'm a bit afraid to take it out of the country in case it gets confiscated at airports...

And it's so helpful in Church as well! It's so much easier to find verses now because I'm so slow at finding verses in paper Bibles, plus the pages are so thin I end up over flipping, and in the end I just give up halfway. And I think I'm overusing the high-lighter and note taking function...

Most reactions

Latest posts