What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tabs in safari

eddkahn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a tweak that allows tabbed browsing like in atomic browser et al?
Safari is incredibly fast but I would like proper tabbed browsing!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
E

eddkahn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
The 3rd button from the top left let's you access tabs in Safari. If only one tab is open, the symbol looks like two rectangles placed ontop, when more tabs are open, the number indicates the # of open tabs.

Noooo I dont mean like that, that is kinda like having multiple pages!

Reaction score
True, that is not real tabbed browsing, as you need to press on extra button to switch tabs, but that is as close as Safari gets to tabbed browsing.

There may be a Cydia tweak to enable a tab list on Safari's main page, but on iPad 2, this is not an option right now.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
The 3rd button from the top left let's you access tabs in Safari. If only one tab is open, the symbol looks like two rectangles placed ontop, when more tabs are open, the number indicates the # of open tabs.

Noooo I dont mean like that, that is kinda like having multiple pages!

Surely tabs are just a way to access multiple pages?

Anyhoo, try iCab. It has very nice tabs.

Did you know that iCab, Atomic, and all the other browser replacement apps in the app store use the Safari Webkit renderer, so they really are just front ends to Safari? Hacking Safari to put tabs in it would be OK, but essentially that's what these other apps do anyway (along with lots of other stuff!)

bluechill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
True, that is not real tabbed browsing, as you need to press on extra button to switch tabs, but that is as close as Safari gets to tabbed browsing.

There may be a Cydia tweak to enable a tab list on Safari's main page, but on iPad 2, this is not an option right now.

Hi, do you know which Cydia tweak it is that allows tabs to be shown on Safari's main page? I've tried searching but most of the answers seem to be "try another browser"! Would appreciate it!

Last edited:

bluechill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tabs on the main Safari screen

Hi all, I recently exchanged my iPad 1 set and was trying to set it up again. So I've already downgraded the firmware and jailbroken it.

Previously when I used Safari, my tabs always appeared at the top of the screen, just like conventional desktop browsers nowadays. However, I can't remember what I did to get that now! I've tried searching for cydia tweaks and hacks, but I can't seem to find it anymore.

Does anyone know how to enable this feature of displaying tabs at the top? I did it before on my previous set so I know it can be done, just that I can't remember how!

Please help. Thanks!

pEAcEmAKeR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ummm, that's supposed to be a new feature in iOS5. I really don't know how you managed to get it before. So, just wait for the next few days, and iOS5 will be released. Just update and you'll have your tabs.

Unless someone knows that magical tweak that gives us tabs. ;)

rday89

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I grabbed iCab Mobile the other day for the iPad and love it. Good tabs and tons of other features.

papp_e

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iOS5 has tabs built into safari, they look and work identical to the desktop safari...great feature addition and super easy to browse

Most reactions

Latest posts